8 Responses to “Detroit suburb takes on military contractor over alleged $2B paid to Saudi prince”

1. J.D. says:

Nitpick: Harper Woods is a Detroit suburb, or a Michigan city, but not a “Detroit city”.

2. SamSam says:

Wow, I was almost going to work for BAE. Well… not really, but they asked me to apply…

Odds that trying a case involving companies with untold billions and high-level politicians will actually succeed in finding any high-level perps guilty? I’d say 10,000 to 1.

3. Ernst Gruengast says:

Fantastic that this city is prepared to take these guys on where the UK governmant isn’t (for obvious reasons – 3 governments, including Blair’s are complicit in the whole deal and helped facilitate funnelling the money).

I really hope it comes to something, but I suspect as ling ass Dubya’s there, strings will be pulled so that it won’t.

When Blair and Bush were together at the last G8, Blair was asked by a journalist about his shutting doen the investigation. Both Bush and Blair looked totally embarassed, exchanged glances, sniggered like schoolboys, then Bush said “I’m real glad I don’t have to answer that question”. Their squirming really was a sight to behold. Afraid I can’t find it on YouTube, but there’s always this:
    priceless!

Yours respectfully,

Ernst

4. arkizzle says:

Ernst,
    that vid you linked-to was fantastic! Really well done :)
    Thanks..

5. Xeni Jardin says:

@JD, d’oh, thanks! That’s what I get for blogging tired on the road. Fixed.

6. Jeff says:

“corruption on an unimaginable scale.” I dunno, I can imagine a lot. And that isn’t even taking into consideration the corruption that the city’s mayor is guilty of.

7. Troutbiscuits says:

Interesting that they are suing British Aerospace Systems rather than one of the home grown corruption mongers like Lockheed Martin or Halliburton. Not that I think what BAE or the Saudis did should go unpunished, I just think it is a bit rich to push for sanctions against them when it will inevitably benefit American arms traders.

8. Hal Eckhart says:

Don’t forget that this guy is such a close friend of the Bush family that Dubya named him Bandar Bush.