Lauren McLaughlin talks about her debut YA novel CYCLER

7 Responses to “Lauren McLaughlin talks about her debut YA novel CYCLER”

1. Zig says:

Like, @4 Caroline, I think this book sounds fascinating.

But will I actually remember it by the time Sept. rolls around?

With my memory, the answer is probably a sad no.

Which brings me to an idea/plea…Cory, or any other Boinger reading this, is it possible to have a BoingBoing Book email list?

Basically a mailing list those of us who appreciate the mentions of upcoming books can join where when these books come out get an email shot to them with link(s) to the previous postings about them on BoingBoing and an Amazon link?

Or maybe something even more specific, like a “Remind me of this!” link with these posts where if logged into our account upon clicking it we get put on a list of folks to get the previously mentioned kind of reminder shot to them when the book comes out?

Well that’s my wish! And thanks to you and the others for always making me aware of a heck of a lot of neat things/people/happenings as well as always keeping me up to date on things like FISA and sneaky government/corp attempts to grab our rights from us.

2. Mezzomorto says:

They say that bad art copies, good art creates, and great art transcends. I see any art as transcendent so long as it shakes up the status quo within. McLaughlin seems to approach her own work with that in mind, thanks Cory. Also because I’ve never done this before… 1st!

3. qlfwyyd says:

For any Australian readers, Lauren’s book is coming to Australia in September – and it’s absolutely stunning. Look out for it.

4. Jason Erik Lundberg says:

It should be noted that this interview is from Sybil’s Garage no. 5 from Senses Five Press (and not “Senses Five magazine”). Also in the same issue is my story “Wombat Fishbone,” as well as much other wonderful fiction and poetry.

5. rednikki says:

So it’s a young adult version of F.M. Busby’s The Breeds of Man? Buzz’s book was great. Wonder if this one will hold up.

6. nadzb_21 says:

Is there a chance you could interview Lauren on some of her favourite books and authors? Her description of good writing made me crave a really good read…(until September comes)

7. Caroline says:

That book sounds fascinating. I will definitely put it on my list of books to read. Books that handle trans or genderqueer issues in any kind of decent way are hard to come by; I’m really interested to see how she does it (the interview implies to me that she does it well).