Balloon animals from trash bags: Joshua Allen Harris

13 Responses to “Balloon animals from trash bags: Joshua Allen Harris”

1. pauldrye says:

And the “hoax explosive device” scare and ensuing trial begins in:

3…

2…

1…

2. GeekMan says:

#1: Only in Boston.

3. mdhatter says:

@ Geekman – Sad, but so so true. This would probably have shut down the subway for hours and made the top of the 5 and 11 pm news.

I love ephemeral art like I love no other art.

4. buddy66 says:

WOW. This cat is great. I’d love to see it for real.

5. mdhatter says:

@ #5 – I saw those on the Wooster site a while back. I think it must be the same artist. Brilliant.

6. justONEguy says:

Speaking of Boston art-related hysteria, here’s the latest one:

Street Artist Inspires Too Much Enthusiasm

7. DavidSilverberg says:

We need this in Toronto!

8. Antinous says:

This medium cries out for erotic sculptures. Pulsating, erotic, Naked Lunchesque sculptures.

9. Justin Ried says:

Mark Jenkins has made some really neat human and animal sculptures out of tape. Pesco’s covered them quite a bit, here are a couple of examples:

It amazes me how the human form can evoke so much emotion simply through posture and placement. Jenkins’ fake people installations are wonderful examples.

10. Jake von Slatt says:

“And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that’s the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and… this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video’s a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember… and I need to remember… Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in.”