Video uses boy band to sell lab equipment

13 Responses to “Video uses boy band to sell lab equipment”

1. OM says:

…There’s some irony about a bunch of pencil-dicks in a boy band pimping for a pipette machine.

2. Skep says:

Weak…the video is really flat and dull.

Now, the Bio-Rad “Scientists for Better PCR” song, that was a good nerdy music video for pimping equipment sales.

3. doktor tchock says:

also check out this brilliant tribute to to the element Americium:

Different group of people behind the video, but this is a bit funnier.

4. insect_hooves says:

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Skep @2: The PCR song is awesome. Kary Mullis’ “Dancing Naked in the Mind Field” is a good read.

5. Kieran O'Neill says:

#2 Lol – you beat me to it.

Peee Seeee Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!

6. DrJen says:

I thought that was great. It really brought back those days of yore when I should have been out listening to boy bands (ok, maybe that never would have happened), but instead spent the evenings pipetting radiolabled DNA into little gel wells. Come, rescue me from the lab, young dorky guys! (Though, I’ll admit, despite the hand cramps, there was something very satisfying about a perfectly filled well. I’m that geeky.)

7. DrJen says:

Jeez…sorry about the double post. Loved the biorad video too…”when you need to find out who the daddy is”

8. Antinous says:

I wonder why Gary Brolsma didn’t cover this.

9. eustace says:

(Hey girl,
    I got something really important to give you,
    so just sit down and listen…)

First ya put the pipette in the box…

(this has to be where they got the idea)

10. Sxe says:

When they all pointed at the sky near the end, I LOL’d.

11. pollyannacowgirl says:

This reminds me of the time I worked for a small production company. They would do the entertainment and staging for pharmaceutical sales meetings and drug rollouts, mostly. So my boss would get together with writers and a composer and studio musicians and come up with songs about new antibiotics that had just gotten FDA approval.

I used to bring the cassette tapes home and play them for my boyfriend after a couple of bong hits. Good times.

12. wackyvorlon says:

Very amusing:) Alas, I’m too broke for that stuff. It’s a Mohr pipette and a pipette pump for me.