One Step Beyond: shrooms and ESP

20 Responses to “One Step Beyond: shrooms and ESP”

1. vellon says:

Most famous for bringing Uri Geller to the US. So he’s a famous quack for bringing a fraud to America?

2. willibro says:

Wow, this is great. I saw this when it was originally broadcast. Read Puharich’s book very soon after and spent the next 10 years trying to get some. And got some :-)

3. Phikus says:

LOONY: Thanks, anyway, but it was all over MTV in it’s dawning (albeit a year later) and even John Hughs homaged it in Breakfast Club (which is now being re-enacted in a JC PENNY commercial.) Madness, indeed.

I found this interesting bit in the youtube related links:

Joe Rogan talks about DMT

4. minTphresh says:

July 24th, 2008 : that’s right kids! it’s dope day at bink boink! yay! dont forget the cake!

5. Yamara says:

Beyond Step One? Don’t know, but Step Three = PROFIT!

6. Cpt. Tim says:

Yamara, i’d like to buy an ounce of psychic experiment.

7. spacebrother says:

Are you sure you didn’t hear about this at ufomystic.com, where I posted a summary and links on July 15th?

8. Torley says:

@Vellon: My thoughts exactly. I used to like Uri Geller a lot, but after seeing fraud after fraud perpetuated (and caught on tape), what a sham.

9. Cpt. Tim says:

#9: Dope generally means Cannabis, cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine, depending on region.

Psilocybin is not dope.

10. minTphresh says:

i still want cake.

11. buddy66 says:

#11,

Funny about street speak. The first time I ever heard ”dope” used to mean cannabis was in 1964. it was done mockingly, with an ironical grin. Previously the word signified heroin or other synthetic opiates, or even opium itself. Almost overnight, smokers, appropriating squarespeak, referred to themselves as dope fiends, and marijuana as dope, thus parodying the squares’ vocabulary. What had previously been pot, grass, weed, or boo, soon became that laughably square word DOPE.

And that’s how it goes with language when you let just anybody use it.

12. skabob says:

Hey you, don’t watch that, watch this! This is the mighty mighty monster sound! The nattiest sound around! So if you’re coming in off the street, and you’re beginning to feel the heat, well listen, buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockin’est rock steady beat of Madness… ONE STEP BEYOND!

Didn’t read the fine article.

13. siliconsunset says:

I came here to say what Skabob said. *Squee*

14. Maggie Leber says:

“…the EFFECT of low frequency electromagnetic wave emissions on the brain…”

Jesus.

15. Flying Squid says:

One Step Beyond was a docudrama? Does that mean the Twilight Zone was a dramatic re-enactment?

16. Takuan says:

it’s just a letter, jebus!

17. Cpt. Tim says:

jove!

18. Loony says:

I’m with you Skabob. I can’t hear or read “One Step Beyond” without having that intro in my head.

For my fellow Yanks who weren’t in the UK in 1979 heres the video: