Polymeme: the stories that Digg and Reddit miss

12 Responses to “Polymeme: the stories that Digg and Reddit miss”

1. Enochrewt says:

As soon as I read the title of this post I thought it should read “Polymeme: the stories that Digg and Reddit miss because of rampant fanboi posturing and spin”

And on a side note, did you know Kevin Rose got a “special thanks” credit in GTA IV? I thought it was weird when I saw it. But then again there were no less than 40,000 names in the credits, my mother could have been in there somewhere.

2. Hugh says:

It’s a shame Polymeme went away. I’ve never really found anything to replace it.

3. aldasin says:

Like digg, but without the morons.

4. Dan says:

sounds like what metafilter strives to be, except replacing contributing site users with algorithms

5. trimeta says:

True, but if it’s finding positive stories about McCain or negative stories about Obama, you can be sure those were previously slipping through the cracks of Digg and Reddit.

(I mean, say what you will about the campaign, but when Digg’s best response to a story asking “Why are there so many positive Obama articles and negative McCain ones” is “Because Obama is Jesus and Santa Claus rolled into one, and McCain is like Bush, only older and more senile,” you get the impression they’re not even trying anymore.)

6. Julian Bond says:

“sick of encountering the same stories about US politics on many of the blogs and news sites he frequents.”

And yet the vast majority of the stories on Polymeme still seem to be about the USA.

7. Rider says:

@#2 It says sick of the same articles on US politics not all articles on US politics.

Looks like a great site.

8. jphilby says:

Concentrating the good stuff?

We need a LOTTA more o’ that on the web these days. Bravo.

9. Liquid 2 says:

I like it. I especially enjoy how you can view the default page and your own custom page with topics more relevant to your interests.
    It lets you find things you’ll like and discover new things at the same time.

10. dequeued says:

Yeah, I used to read digg about two years ago, before it got invaded by the myspace crowd.

Now it’s all “U all need to see this pic OWNED lolol!”
    Or “Iran feeds orphan children, invents perpetual energy machine”

11. skarbreeze says:

Thanks Cory – I’ll have to give this a spin in my rotation. Digg fell out of my regular reading a while ago now, and Reddit is suffering more and more from an epidemic of slow turnover on the front page. Slashdot, Fark, Arstechnica and Engaget just don’t fill enough time in my day!

12. tedweinstein says:

Memeorandum has been doing something similar to this for a while for politics.