Star Wars fleet week in San Francisco

15 Responses to “Star Wars fleet week in San Francisco”

1. jmhuck says:

That’s the BAY BRIDGE. Not the Golden Gate. Of course the Empire would start shuttle service across the bay to avoid the Berkeley maze.

2. Modusoperandi says:

JoshuaZ “The Death Star in the video is the incomplete Death Star from Return of the Jedi.”
    Incomplete? Boy, did the Empire ever fool you…

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station. Fire at will, commander.

3. Bonnie says:

I interviewed the filmmaker Michael Horn about how he made the film and why here on the Official Starwars.com Blog if you want to check it out:

4. bzishi says:

@JoshuaZ: “The Death Star in the video is the incomplete Death Star from Return of the Jedi. That doesn’t make much sense. If it were part of something like fleet week it should be a completed Death Star.”

You can never please some people. It takes decades to build a Deathstar. You should just be happy that they decided to make the trip from their galaxy far, far away.

5. franko says:

awesome. now they really need to do one for the rebellion side.
    : )

6. akbar56 says:

Can an Imperial Star Destroyer do an atmospheric flight?

7. Jeff says:

#1 Yes it can. Oh that made my day! So cool. I want to see that for real. I’ve seen the Blue Angels over the bay, but a star destroyer is so much more impressive. I wish we had a Death Star franchise in orbit; I could look at that for hours.

8. JoshuaZ says:

9. Dan says:

This is a great vid — my favorite bit is the TIE fighter flyby shot from the sailboat in the bay.

TIE fighters look odd when hovering, though…

10. Lord Xenu says:

A lot of the political posts on this site describe how the U.S. is turning into a police state. Now someone posts a video of the Imperial fleet policing San Francisco. Did anyone else find the juxtaposition a little weird?

11. Jeff says:

Lord Xenu, the Empire is our friend (unless you want to end up working in the spice mines of Kessel!) Now shut up, look at the pretty star destroyer and wave.

12. Jeff says:

#3, I think the full DS is great and all, but the one under construction has all the interesting side details and little ships working around. Why not two, one full and one being built? put the full one out by the Moon.

13. mdhatter says:

So well executed, but I want to know why are there 2 suns?

(judging by the reflections on the death star v. the other buildings, they brought another sun along with them – I know, everyone’s a critic)

14. insomma says:

with the exception of the first night shot, I thnk most of the Death Stars are way too big- it would have to be bigger than the earth to see it that large in the sky. Cool nonetheless though!

15. EH says:

#2: Several years ago a stealth bomber made an appearance. It was kinda close to that.