Love and Rockets: New Stories, Vol 1

14 Responses to “Love and Rockets: New Stories, Vol 1”

1. Halloween Jack says:

I think that I’d prefer this format. I was a big fan of the original series, at first, but there got to be a point not long before the end of the original series where both Jaime and Gilbert seemed to be stuck in a rut; Luba’s origin story was dragging on and on, and Maggie was depressed and turning tricks and…

When the second series started up, I tried to pick up as many issues as I could, but my local comics shop didn’t carry it and the big city comics shop that I occasionally got to was missing back issues, and I didn’t want to subscribe because it might start to suck again. So, annual issue? Fine by me.

And I could have died without hearing of this, having missed what would have been the one chance to catch L&R 20+ years ago…

Thank you, BB, for giving this old fart another chance.

3. Boba Fett Diop says:

This is excellent news! I was wondering what los bros Hernandez were up to when the new series seemed to trail off. Both the Palomar and Locas storylines can easily hold their own with the best literature of the 20th century (and with some of the things Jaime ended up doing with the themes of memory and regret, Locas is practically the A la Recherche du Temps Perdu of the post-punk generation).

4. Noelegy says:

Cool. As a thirty-something female who’s blissfully unaware that she’s not part of the target demographic for comic books, I find this to be very good news indeed. I loves me some L&R. I guess that’s Penny Century on the cover, with her natural hair color?

5. jahknow says:

@#5, #8: Tones on Tail. That is all.

6. Brad S. says:

There couldn’t be better news today. For those who find catching up with the entire Love and Rockets universe, maybe this will be a great place to start.

7. Chris L says:

Ohmigod. This sounds amazing. Must have.

8. scothampton says:

this looks great! can’t wait! (and i did NOT intend that to rhyme)

9. Geoffrey Sperl says:

Wow. Taking me back to high school.

I can’t wait for this come out. The only bad thing about a yearly graphic novel-length release is that we have to wait another year for more…

10. A. says:

Am I the only one who was expected David J and Daniel Ash, rather than a pair of brothers?

A.
    /often lost comic references deeper than what he picked up as an adolescent.

11. lemontfaron says:

i like the comics and this cover page, really nice girl… humm…10 or 20 years ago American comic just like this while differet from today, because it’s be changed by japanese catoons. and this cover page just let’s me think about kids coloring pages. i like it maybe from my kid heart!

12. retchdog says:

@5: Maybe. I’d much rather it have been about something new from the band, but I knew better. (sigh)

I was really disappointed when I learned that David J et al had cribbed the name. It was even worse when I looked through the L&R trades and just couldn’t get into it. Maybe it’s not time yet.

13. pahool says:

@7:

Love and Rockets (comic) >> Love and Rockets (band)

14. adamnvillani says:

Hey… she’s looking under the roof of the building I work in…