Muttley from The Wacky Races presents the weather report

23 Responses to “Muttley from The Wacky Races presents the weather report”

1. brynnablue says:

@ Jmigmac:
    That absolutely made my day! I have no idea why I missed that the first time around. Thank you!

2. Cupcake Faerie says:

I’ll take two of whatever he had…

3. meanlittlemonkey says:

amazing how many hoosiers there are on here

4. slappymcbutterpants says:

that was the Laff-a-Lympics, wasn’t it? With, heavens to Murgatroyd, the first gay cartoon character, Snagglepuss.

5. anthony says:

The weatherman being from Florida, I’ll bet it was a palmetto bug (gigantic roaches).
    And why did Muttley laugh at every damn thing?

6. Genghazoid says:

Strong wheezes from the east today, with a 100% chance of strange hand gestures over most of Central America today..

7. MichelleMcCormack says:

He is the cutest thing in the world. He deserves a raise.

8. Schnogg says:

Yup…that’s Bob Gregory, all right. I appeared with him several times on the Brain Game (as a contestant), and he was always a lot of fun. He never had any idea what he was talking about, though…

9. Foolster41 says:

Wow. Sadly, I remember the wacky races show. The show (or I think it was a space-themed spin off of the show) was part of a larger show called “wake, rattle and roll.” Which was about as “cool” as the Super Mario super show. :P

10. wynneth says:

NOT the laff a lympics. The characters from the laff a lympics team the Really Rottens were made to resemble Dick Dastardly and Muttley but were not actually them. Dastardly and Muttley (glances fondly at T-shirt acquired at thrift) are from Wacky Races. From wikipedia,

Muttley is sometimes confused with Mumbly, a crime-fighting dog who tracked down criminals using his dog senses and drove around in an old beat-up car. Mumbly looked similar to Muttley and had a similar laugh, but Mumbly had grey fur and wore a trenchcoat. Ironically, Mumbly later showed up as the captain of the villainous Really Rottens in Laff-a-Lympics along with his accomplice, “The Dread Baron” (a reference to The Red Baron) who happens to resemble Dick Dastardly. Both characters (The Dread Baron and Mumbly) later appeared in the TV movie Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose. It is not certain why Mumbly was retconned as a villain. Neither is it certain why he and Dread Baron were apparently used as substitutes for Dastardly and Muttley, especially in the Yogi Bear movie where Paul Winchell voiced the Baron instead of Dastardly. The reason most suggested is that the Wacky Races characters (including Dastardly and Muttley) were not fully owned by Hanna-Barbera as the show was a co-production with Heatter-Quigley Productions.

11. EH says:

Punchline: “She wouldn’t eat her mushrooms.”

12. JIMWICh says:

Muttley! That’s so excellent! Good catch, Mark!

13. romulusnr says:

However, his laugh does not beat Arthur the Weatherman’s laugh.

14. harpdevil says:

Whats the joke, grandpa?

Am I the only one that thinks his laugh sounds kinda otherworldly? He sounds like he is possessed or something. Maybe if we slow it down we’ll hear a secret message?

15. alisong76 says:

Not a weatherman, but this is the BEST LAUGH EVER.

You can’t help laughing with him after a while.

16. brynnablue says:

Is he gonna be okay? Sounds like he’s about to have a coronary event of some sort.

17. alisong76 says:

Still not as funny as the weatherman who flailed at the cockroach :-)

18. brynnablue says:

@ 2:
    I feel like I should get the reference, but my brain isn’t being cooperative. Weatherman? Cockroach? Bzuh?

19. jfrancis says:

I still love the German weathercaster best

20. animagnum says:

Whoa, that’s channel 13 here in Indianapolis. I think that is retired weatherman Bob Gregory. David Letterman once worked there as a weatherman as well.

21. Islington says:

yep that’s Bob Gregory. He used to host that Brain Game show too…now that takes me back…