John McCain is a Cylon, and Palin is Roslin (WARNING: BSG + ELECTION SPOILERS!)

25 Responses to “John McCain is a Cylon, and Palin is Roslin (WARNING: BSG + ELECTION SPOILERS!)”

aw man!!! i havent gotten to season 3 yet!! That’s a pretty huge spoiler to have in the main title. The warning doesn’t help when it’s after the spoiler. I almost feel like I really want to stop reading boingboing now cause this happens too much!! That really sucks though. Huge spoiler. DELETE THIS POST!!! (Or at least rename it)

2. erissian says:

I laughed at the afterthought spoiler warning:

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE
    (warning: spoilers!)

3. briseno says:

Have you seen

They are saying that Palin works for Cobra and is the Baroness.

NewsBreak! Cobra has infiltrated the Republican Party!

4. minTphresh says:

frakkin toaster!

5. certron says:

Frak! I just finished the last two episodes of season 1 last night. I thank my friend who sent me the pics for not spoiling, but BB did it anyway. Then that CNN article linked by Anonymous at #13 has another spoiler or two in there.

I can’t complain too much, I saw a few episodes out of order here and there, so I already knew a few hidden identities. Now I just have to make sure everyone else I’m watching with doesn’t get spoiled, too. Maybe that will encourage them to watch them faster / more often!

6. Jake0748 says:

This probably isn’t the right time or place to post this, but… I’m just watching Palin’s speech on TV at the Repub convention.

I think she may very well be the next Dan Quayle.

7. Jake0748 says:

Wait… I thought Sarah Palin was Peggy Hill.

Tigh is a Cylon?! Aurgh, I just finished Season 2!

I’m still watching season 3 of BSG on DVD! Thanks for the spoiler warning, jeez. -_-

10. cinemajay says:

I object to this comparison on the basis that it makes the candidates seem cooler than they really are.

11. Jeff says:

Sarah Palin is about as good a character as I could write for a crazy Republican White House story. Thank Eris, she is the perfect “covert” chaos element. The IOT’s Deployment Section has outdone themselves. Shake it up baby. Just like Starbuck.

12. akbar56 says:

The canidates also have their own site:

13. Giovanni says:

CORNEL TIGH IS A CYLONG?@!?!!?!?!?@!?# gdsEWAFDSfdsalkjvdxz/lk ARWWARAWRGGG!!!

i hate you

PS. I’m glad someone else thought Palin looked a lot Roslin

14. Takuan says:

nope; Peggy and Cotton (but with less character, intelligence and charm)

15. akbar56 says:

Giovanni, the reveal of Tigh’s Cylon-hood is over a year old at this point. That is well beyond the statue of limitations on spoilers.

16. Chuck says:

I’ve been arguing for months that Cindy McCain is the Cylon! (Or perhaps an unholy crossbreed between a Stepford wife and a Cylon.)

NO ONE WILL LISTEN!

17. jibbles says:

It’s worth repeating: there *really* ought to have been a spoiler alert here. Not too late to fix, I don’t suppose?

18. TEKNA2007 says:

Sarah seems fun as hell. I like her a lot. I bet she’d be great to party with … that Alaska state of mind, you know. Kind of like North Fargo.

Not sure about presidential though. But I bet there’s a great Northern Exposure episode that begins with her taking residence in the White House.

19. trr says:

The VP does not live in the White House.

20. Xeni Jardin says:

Aw shit, sorry about the spoilers. I amended the post headline.

21. TEKNA2007 says:

Sarah seems fun as hell. I like her a lot.

OK, maybe not so much. From the NYT:

Shortly after becoming mayor, former city officials and Wasilla residents said, Ms. Palin approached the town librarian about the possibility of banning some books

22. TEKNA2007 says:

The VP does not live in the White House.

Right. Doesn’t Cheney live at “the observatory”?

I was thinking of President Palin. With John Corbett playing Chris-the-DJ as her husband, and Maurice Minniefield as an Al-Haig-style Secretary of Defense, just waiting for Palin to visit Juneau so he can step up and declare “I am in charge!”

23. TEKNA2007 says:

http://www.civickommisar.com They are saying that Palin works for Cobra and is the Baroness.

Why does Cobra have a vagina dentata as a logo?!?!? That’s some scary ****, man!