Guestblogger: Mister Jalopy!

12 Responses to “Guestblogger: Mister Jalopy!”

1. Giraffe says:

Welcome Welcome Hoopty mon

i just woke up from a delightful 12 hour nap where i dreampt that i became your assistant at hoopty lair. and then this! today is gunna be a good day- ha! =)

cheers

2. Jake von Slatt says:

Welcome Mr. Jalopy! can’t wait to see what you post!

3. TharkLord says:

I am grateful for your encouragement to the neophyte as expressed in this wise observation:
    “People are not born craftsmen,” he says, “they just have the courage to screw things up. Embrace your inner amateur and try everything. There will always be an expert to take your money and fix the mistakes.”

Friends and family admire my fix-it and DIY skills today, but as a youth, my interest in taking things apart were not always viewed so charitably by my dear parents.

Bienvenido!

4. amapolalola says:

I’m loving the guestbloggers so far, and this promises to be another great one.

5. Frank_in_Virginia says:

Sweet!

6. mdh says:

The latter, sir Bee.

7. misterjalopy says:

Thanks everybody!

8. Jeffrey McManus says:

We put Mr. Jalopy at the helm of our wedding and our marriage has been long and happy.

9. mdh says:

Hello Mr. Jalopy! I heard you on Whadd’ya Know? yesterday. I think they will have a podcast of the show up by mid-week. You were pretty great. And thank you for enunciating while pronouncing Mark’s last name, I’d really always wondered.

10. Beard of Bees says:

I’m never quite sure how to say “jalopy”. It’s a question of where to put the emphasis. In England at least it’s a word you hardly ever come across. In fact one time it was the answer to a Trival Pursuit question and I seemed to be the only person to have heard of it.

In fact, this is one of those words you can easily empty of meaning by saying it over and over. Before long you lose confidence that it’s a word at all.

Anyway, JAL-opy or jal-OP-y?

11. Vince says:

Mr. J Rules!!!

12. Robert says:

Mr. Jalopy succinctly states my experience with DIY. From that, I’ve learned this about my skillz:

1. Plumbing: ok.
    2. Wiring: ok.
    3. Restoring cars: stay away from.
    4. Cat amusement machines: maybe. While cat was appropriately amused by the whirling bugs and feathers, cat did not react well to small dog figure that exploded into puffs of fur. Go figure.

–Rob