DIY Planet of the Apes tunic

13 Responses to “DIY Planet of the Apes tunic”

1. keggsy says:

2. klaradox says:

why is it fun for you people to spend time finding something to complain about regarding something such as a peice of clothing? I mean this person actually spent time doing this..I think the difference between you who talk about buying things at walmart or any other shitty place and this guy is that you are just thinking about it and can produce philosophical reasons why not to make a costume like this (for example that the cheapest place to buy the things needed is walmart and you are boycotting it) while he was thinking about how to make this spending the least amount of money and hey..if he needed to go to walmart to buy it, he went there…
    I am actually the kind of person who won’t sit down and make anything unless when in a really creative surroundings, but I don’t spit all over someone who did do something just coz it opposes my ideals…

3. CptNemo says:

Is that some kinda of advanced woman repelling suit?

I’m looking forward to seeing what the trousers will look like!

4. OM says:

“Could we just be done with initials now? If you don’t have time to type Do It Yourself, what’s the point?”

…Oh, FOAD :-P

5. Secret_Life_of_Plants says:

Is “Wall-Mart” a kind of “Walmart” for conscientious DIY’ers who care about human rights and a living wage for people who work at such places?

Seriously I don’t know. I am rather un-hip.

I imagine that this Bizarro-world “Wall-Mart” might exist, only because I cannot imagine anyone who is a “creative and versatile DIYer” publicizing that they shopped at Walmart even if they secretly did.

6. Takuan says:

how to subvert Walmart? Legal monkeywrenching. How to take more from them than they get?

7. Frank_in_Virginia says:

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

8. jfrancis says:

I want to know more about the raised latex glyphs.

And it’s usually Wal-Mart, with a star in the logo in place of the hyphen.

9. Steve Lodefink says:

JFrancis -

The Glyphs were made for me by a guy named Matt Sotis. Matt has a mold that was cast from an original set of screen-used glyphs (which were also cast rubber). The color is mixed into the casting material.

I have another set of glyphs in the works that I am making out of leather. I am carving a block of hardwood into a stamp, which I am planning to press into wet, foam-backed leather by putting the whole thing into a vise and letting it dry.

But Matt’s looked so good, I had to use them before my own were ready.

10. lava says:

What I’m looking forward to, after the sewing is done, is the latex prosthetics..!

11. Jake0748 says:

Wal mart sucks.

You damn, dirty apes!

12. OM says:

…Bah. I’m an intellectual. I want a Dr. Zaius version.

13. dancentury says:

Greatness.

I’m happy to see a POTA homage instead of the endless Star Wars masturbation.