The initial reaction to the pledge has been very strong. I am pleased to advise that the Green Party (as a party) has agreed to the pledge. In addition, the following NDP MPs have added their names as supporters:Read that pledge again -- can you believe that there are candidates in this election who can find something to object to in those three points? Copyright Pledge Gains Momentum - Green Party and NDP Candidates On Board
* Charlie Angus, New Democrat MP, Timmins-James Bay, ON
* Olivia Chow, New Democrat MP, Trinity-Spadina, ON
* Libby Davies, New Democrat MP, Vancouver East, BC
* Michael Byers, New Democrat Candidate, Vancouver Centre, BC
* Anne Lagacé Dowson, New Democrat Candidate, Westmount, QC
* Phil Brown, New Democrat Candidate, Nepean-Carleton, ON
* John Chan, New Democrat Candidate, Calgary Centre-North, AB
* Tyler Kinch, New Democrat Candidate, Calgary Centre, AB
...The pledge again: Will you commit to a balanced approach to copyright reform that reflects the views of all Canadians by pledging:
1. To respect the rights of creators and consumers.
2. Not to support any copyright bill that undermines or weakens the Copyright Act’s users rights.
3. To fully consult with Canadians before introducing any copyright reform bill and to conduct inclusive, national hearings on any tabled bill.
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.