BB exclusive: sneak peek at South Park's sweet, yet-unreleased iPhone app

17 Responses to “BB exclusive: sneak peek at South Park's sweet, yet-unreleased iPhone app”

When can I have this?

2. GeekMan says:

@Xeni: Woohoo!

3. HerbT says:

Never been that keen on South Park.

This new Brian Eno and Peter Shilvers generative music app looks awesome though.

4. Tenn says:

This site is full of win. Loving the China episode.

It seems this thing is off the table unfortunately. A moderator on the southparkstudios.com forum said it was up for approval for the app store already right after this posting was made in the beginning of october. apple has probably rejected it for unknown reasons. also boingboing seems not to care to update us on the status unfortunately.

6. Takuan says:

well, I suppose then I must give thought to securing one of these “tele-phonation” thingamajigs, seeing as how they are all the rage amongst the hep crowd. Still don’t see what’s wrong with good old fashioned telepathy, I don’t know, what with no one growing proper tendrils anymore….

I can’t wait for this, but can’t find anything new about it. Does anyone know when its coming out?

8. GeekMan says:

… but does it work in Canada?

• Xeni Jardin says:

@geekman, it will after the Palin administration invades your country and claims it as a new colony of Jesus-stan.

But will it work in Australia? As we still can’t stream the shows via the website from here.

This does look amazing, though I really, REALLY hope it lets you stream full episodes (doubt it, but I hope anyway).

11. A New Challenger says:

#!: Yes, it’s just a bit flappier there.

12. Uncle_Max says:

The link for “Super Fun Time: Six Days to South Park” is the same as the behind the scenes of Major Boobage link.

This is a pretty awesome app, gives me another reason to wish I had an iphone.

Hi, great report. As you seem to know some guys at South Park could you please do a follow up on what happened to the app as it still has not appeared in the app store On southparkstudios.com one of the moderators wrote on Oct 9th: “Just waiting for it to get approved by Apple”.It seems that to me something might have gone wrong with the approval. So maybe you could do some boingboing digging :) thanks !

14. Nilkimas says:

I loved their website so much, untill they stopped full episodes for France. They are working on French dubbed versions… please for the love of his Noodle Appendage why?

Not sure if any of you have heard the french dubbed versions. Even if the voices would be tolerable, so much is lost in translation. That and most of the times country specific references are replaced. I like laughing at USians :P

I assume they will do the same with the app since it will most likely use the same back-end for the data.

Will be moving to Ireland soon, at least it will be english again then. Just hope they don’t make it an US only app.

15. laz305 says:

This is some Harry Potter bs man, wtf? give me a break, we can download the episodes from iTunes but not the app? Please say ef’em man and release it anyway plz plz plz plz plz plz plz please!!!!

16. Cazart says:

I don’t know what you think you’re laughing aboot, but that’s not funny, guy!