Vlad and Boris: Love Song for Sarah Palin, our Alaskan Neighbor

28 Responses to “Vlad and Boris: Love Song for Sarah Palin, our Alaskan Neighbor”

1. Antinous says:

Vlad is not a typical Russian name – Vladimir or Vova is, not Vlad.

Vladimirs usually go by Volodya or Vova, but Vlad is a nickname for Vladislav.

2. wolfiesma says:

I just finished watching Rufus Wainright’s All I Want docu-DVD (eat your heart out AntiNous) but I gotta say, these guys are way hotter. Are they really Russian, or are they just pretending?

3. mdh says:

Glad I watched to the end. That you betcha/doggonit bit was brilliant!

4. Enormo says:

@#20
    Thank you.

5. Isaac Cates says:

These guys are no Red Elvises, mind you, but I think the song is pretty inspired. I hope these guys get to meet Sarah by and by.

6. wolfiesma says:

Xeni,
    For some reason (many reasons) I want to dedicate this song to you.

7. Kabur Naj says:

My little five-year-old girl just caught the last bit of this video as I watched it. Her comments:

“It’s silly, but I like it. I wonder who Joe is? Maybe it’s the boy in the white shirt.”

I think I’ll spare her the bigger picture until she’s a lot older.

8. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

This has been a brilliant campaign for vernacular music videos. I’ve been collecting them since spring.

9. doggo says:

Doggone it.

10. Roach says:

Yeah, that’s way too nice of a room to be in Russia.

11. seva says:

moderately amusing, but those guys are not Russian at all. Judging by their look (hair and clothes), if they are not westerners dressed up, they are probably Romanians, Hungarians or Gypsies, the Vodka on the window is not a Russian brand, and Vlad is not a typical Russian name – Vladimir or Vova is, not Vlad.

12. Takuan says:

see how they feed

Palin’s ‘going rogue,’ McCain aide says

* Story Highlights
    * Sources say there is brewing tension between McCain aides and Palin
    * Palin aide says she is trying to take control of her message
    * “She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” says a McCain adviser
    * Next Article in Politics »

From John King, Peter Hamby and Dana Bash
    CNN
    ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) — With 10 days until Election Day, long-brewing tensions between GOP vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin and key aides to Sen. John McCain have become so intense, they are spilling out in public, sources say.
    Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin speaks at a rally in Sioux City, Iowa, on Saturday.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin speaks at a rally in Sioux City, Iowa, on Saturday.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue.”

13. FoetusNail says:

When I was young we practiced hiding under school desks or running out into the hall; on Saturdays at noon, the sirens were tested. Years later, we lived just outside of the blast damage radius of the military base and would think about life after the bomb. People would list the things needed to survive, but all anyone in our area needed was one can of tuna, because they probably wouldn’t have an appetite or time to eat. I remember sitting with visions of thousands of bomb disease victims, dead in the streets, holding their cans of tuna. Then there was Fishbone; Johnny go get your gun, for the Commies are in our hemisphere today.

Wherever they’re from I liked their video.

14. cstatman says:

wow, TWO songs stuck in my head at once, battling for supreme hilarity of the day.

MUST CLEAR EARWORM

ah, there we go

15. MomentEye says:

It’s Flight of the Conchords gone public domain.
    Awesome!

16. Cool Products says:

Check out this video
    Haha, I just found this, I think that it is the best one I’ve seen so far.

17. sammich says:

Why am I disappointed that Boris is not Boris Johnson?

18. Takuan says:

hey misses palin, I already love another

19. Razzabeth says:

Hahahahaha

I like the part where he is drinking vodka in the dark, yelling at the computer screen, “Why won’t you reply to my e-mails?!”

20. Ed Bear says:

Awesome. This is my new favorite thing for today.

21. Xeni "Hussein" Jardin says:

Glad you guys dig. I think I have a crush on both of these commie hotties.