* NOT EVERYONE wants to be President of the United States.
* LESSIG BEGS Obama supporters to keep up the pressure, not "let this slip by again," and "don’t stop until the clock runs out."
* A VIDEO on how to protect your vote and stop dirty tricks, produced by the Obama campaign (thanks Siege).
* LAUGHING SQUID'S GUIDE to the 2008 US elections online, including information about aforementioned dirty tricks.
* BE VIGILANT. BE ACTIVE. CALL IT IN. Daily Kos with still more on documenting dirty tricks.
* TWITTERVOTEREPORT.COM, according to Micah Sifry: "It's an all-volunteer, non-partisan project to enable people to self-report problems as they vote, and to enable the crowd to point journalists and, most importantly, election monitors to the places where there are problems occurring."
* THE CRAZY ANTI-ARAB racism truly sucks.
* TECHPRESIDENT, a "real electoral map" that attempts to more accurately reflect each state's electoral vote value.
* EVERY ELECTION NEEDS A FAQ. And Nate Tyler, who pointed us to this one, says, "This is an amazing resource from Peter Norvig at Google."
* FIND YOUR POLLING SITE via Google Maps' 2008 US Voter Info service.
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
We just got the Sport model of the EPIKGO hoverboard at my office. Besides being terribly chic, it’s apparently bulletproof.
Ok, it’s not just solar powered. It’s also an anti-theft, waterproof marvel that keeps my phone’s power bar from ever getting into the red.Sure the idea seems obvious now – tuck a gigantic solar powered battery pack into an exposed slot and turn the wearer into a walking energy harvester. Simple maybe, but I didn’t […]
Custom coffee vessels are the perfect piece of office flair, but it’s just a matter of time before your VOTE FOR PEDRO mug will start to lose its relevant wit. Why not have a new one every day, with whatever silly nonsense you want sticking off the sides? You can save big on your novelty […]
The Lightning port has thus far resisted the cruel fate that befell the headphone jack, and despite rumors that it may be disappearing come iPhone 8, for the present and foreseeable future, Lightning cables are a hot commodity for iPhone users. As such, we must make do in this strange time in which long, glorified […]
All the filters in the world won’t save your smartphone pics from a shaky hand. To really step up your mobile photography game, you’ll need some kind of mount to hold it steady. You could buy a smartphone attachment for a conventional camera tripod, but who wants to carry that kind of gear everywhere they […]