* NOT EVERYONE wants to be President of the United States.
* LESSIG BEGS Obama supporters to keep up the pressure, not "let this slip by again," and "don’t stop until the clock runs out."
* A VIDEO on how to protect your vote and stop dirty tricks, produced by the Obama campaign (thanks Siege).
* LAUGHING SQUID'S GUIDE to the 2008 US elections online, including information about aforementioned dirty tricks.
* BE VIGILANT. BE ACTIVE. CALL IT IN. Daily Kos with still more on documenting dirty tricks.
* TWITTERVOTEREPORT.COM, according to Micah Sifry: "It's an all-volunteer, non-partisan project to enable people to self-report problems as they vote, and to enable the crowd to point journalists and, most importantly, election monitors to the places where there are problems occurring."
* THE CRAZY ANTI-ARAB racism truly sucks.
* TECHPRESIDENT, a "real electoral map" that attempts to more accurately reflect each state's electoral vote value.
* EVERY ELECTION NEEDS A FAQ. And Nate Tyler, who pointed us to this one, says, "This is an amazing resource from Peter Norvig at Google."
* FIND YOUR POLLING SITE via Google Maps' 2008 US Voter Info service.
David Robinson used the data from the 28,657 people who self-selected to take the Stack Overflow survey to investigate the relationship between programmer pay and the conventions of using either tabs or spaces to mark indents, and found a persistent, significant correlation between using spaces and bringing home higher pay.
It’s the end of an era, sort of: Fraunhofer IIS, the developers of the MP3 audio compression format, announced that they are ceasing their licensing program. In a blog post, spokesman Matthias Rose says that it’s had a good 20-year run and is obsolete. But it’s also true that the decoding patents expired last year, […]
Freddy deBoer writes that he’s been telling the same joke for years about Silicon Valley’s only product, which might be universalized as “At last, a way to verb with nouns on the internet!” But the social-media techopoly is stable, now, and so the venture capitalists have moved on to the three terrible trends that will […]
As the old saying goes, “You should sit in meditation for 30 minutes every day. Unless you are too busy, in which case you should meditate for an hour.” Since most of us have an endless list of things to do and people to see, carving out quiet time can feel impossible, especially when most […]
The Bragi Dash Truly Wireless Smart Earphones are far more than your run of the mill Bluetooth earbuds. While the earpiece design makes these earbuds ideal for exercise and activity, and passive noise cancelling is conducive to a more serene listening experience, these buds go well beyond just playing music.First of all, they can actually […]