Tales of the Unexpected

18 Responses to “Tales of the Unexpected”

1. zuzu says:

Nipples are where I take a stand against USA / puritanical prudishness.

I can tolerate that the USA can’t seem to manage to be as blasé about nudity as the French, Italians, or even the British can (e.g. Page 3) writ large.

But nipples? Get over it. You see boy nipples all the time.

Jerry: What? So what? It’s a nipple. A little round circular protuberance. What’s the big deal? See everybody’s got them. See I got them.
    Kramer: I got them too.
    Jerry: Everybody’s got them.

2. Antinous says:

Is anyone else having this problem?

Safari seems to be the bigger problem. The general consensus is that it’s the ads, so you might want to try blocking ads or scripts.

3. Antinous says:

Anonymous with glitch,

I’ve forwarded your issue to tech.

4. Isaac Cates says:

This isn’t related to this post at all, but something on the main Boingboing page is causing Safari to crash for me, consistently. I don’t know what’s going on. If I don’t click away from the main page quickly, it just crashes — quits with no explanation or stops responding.

Any idea what’s up? Is anyone else having this problem?

5. tx_ROOK says:

I can’t stop hearing “Rock Lobster” when I glance at the magazine spread.

A Tim Burton / B52′s music video… oooOOOhhh

6. Lanval says:

Pretentious without the usual attendant Burton values of interesting and cerebral.

Low Art.

7. cosmicautumn says:

This is beautiful. I’ll have to see if I can find a copy here in France.

8. nostromo says:

hmm. a melting tim burton next to a sexy katamari inside a giant TV in a big grassy field. i guess i woke up on the lsd side of the bed today. thanks God!

9. cory says:

Whoa nipples. NSFW stuff. (Is that a given for fashion photography these days? Seems so.)

Cool set dressing and photography though.. I liked the flying peach and the chewing gum.

10. mdh says:

I can’t stop hearing “Rock Lobster” when I glance at the magazine spread.

Just from that one pic above I got Tom Petty’s “Don’t Come Around Here No More”.

It’s all so very pretty.

11. Sekino says:

It always makes me smile when I see Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter together. They seem like two eccentric, unique souls and look like they have such a great time.

12. 0xdeadbeef says:

Why are Burton and Bonham Carter pimping clothes sold at a 1000% markup? Indeed, why would they lower themselves to participate in mere fashion anyway? Isn’t that kind of a slap in the face to all the goth kids and artists they have inspired?

13. Cool Products says:

This photo shoot has some pretty interesting pictures. When I clicked on the headline, I was totally expecting the photo shoot to be another one of Burton’s throwbacks to German expressionism; maybe he’s onto something new.

14. cory says:

I don’t have a problem with nipples. I have a problem with bosses. That’s why I call it “NFSW” and not “sinful iniquity!!”.

15. urshrew says:

I don’t think Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter are selling these clothes. I think they’re creating a photo shoot and the magazine tags a price tag on the clothes. Something tells me you can’t actually buy these clothes anywhere, any way.

16. dragonfrog says:

Indeed – now if only they could get the models to eat something…

17. Tom Hale says:

I love Tim Burton’s art. I agree with #4 MDH – This has “Don’t Come Around Here No More” written all over it.

And #3 Cory – Without nipples, I’m pretty sure fashion photography would have been confined to Spiegel catalogs and Sears ads. Nipples, gotta love em!

Anyone else remember this? One of the first things I saw on the internet was an ad for Nipple Placement surgery. Got a blob of unsightly fat? Can’t get rid of those love handles? Just have a nipple sewn on!

18. mdh says:

Cory, that page ain’t a big booty calendar or a nekkid fireman revue page, and it’s just not going to get you fired or reprimanded. Surfing the web at work, however, may.