Soviet bunker as theme park

15 Responses to “Soviet bunker as theme park”

1. azmanon says:

I would gladly wait 25 years for the theme park “Suburban America 2004″ complete with police interrogations, typical American fast food, pointless hours of driving around and mind numbing television shows.

“Suburban America 2004″ would not a theme park for the faint-hearted; all of the actors involved would originally be from the U.S. army who were authentic interrogators, however there would be performances tailored specifically for school groups so they know when to cool it.

Before heading back into the real world, participants would be treated to a can of Diet Coke. They could leave with a better understanding of life under the NeoCon occupation and, no doubt, a new respect for the few elders who are still alive.

2. Justin France says:

Azmanon- Coming soon to Disney World: GitMo: The Ride.

And I’d sure pay $44 for this experience (Phillamb), but not $220. Seems like a great place to take the kids. Enlightening, education. And I’m only being half sarcastic.

3. retchdog says:

Great. I was just thinking, wouldn’t life be better if it were even more like a Jack Womack story?

Sounds like attending a state university, except cheaper.

5. buddy66 says:

I don’t get it. Is it a military defensive/protective bunker or a concentration camp? Sounds like the sort of anti-USSR agitprop that some ”Impeach Earl Warren” Kansas Republican came up with fifty years ago.

6. phillamb168 says:

FYQ, 120 LTL = $44, not $220.

7. Takuan says:

ah, English public school.

8. GeekDadCanada says:

Looks like Fallout 3 Larping to me.

9. Diamond Jim says:

I’m two days late to this one–thank goodness Retchdog nailed it at #1!

10. Giovanni says:

@#6 MARCELO
    Lithuania is probably a really nice place to visit if you’re white. DO NOT GO IF YOUR ARE BLACK. Lithuania is probably one of the more racist place on earth and you WILL GET JUMPED.

This theme park makes total sense for Lithuania, there is probably no other eastern block country that hated soviet rule more. When the soviet union collapsed places like poland and the Czech republic (Czechoslovakia at the time) all took over their factories and became self sustaining. Lithuania burned everything down that the russians had built.

11. Pipenta says:

I’d like to see the statue of Zappa. Would take a pass on the theme park.

#10 is absolutely right. Most lithuanians are as commiephobic/rusophobic as McCarthy himself. Now it is important to notice that Lithuania is not a democratic country; it is plutocratic. No wonder we see such agitprop.

#13 is semi-right. But if you stay out of dark alleys, you WILL BE ALL RIGHT, even if you’re black.

13. Marcelo says:

#3, thank you. I was about to post that myself.

Lithuania is one of the awesomest places to visit. Very few tourists, an absolutely GORGEOUS countryside, a statue of Frank Zappa in the middle of Vilnius, super cheap to get around, and there are beaches too. Plus you have to see the Hill of Crosses before you die. It’s absolutely amazing. I was there two years ago and I can’t wait to go back.

14. JJR1971 says:

Reminds me of the Ossi-nostalgia hotel in East(ern) Berlin that opened awhile back—with portraits of Erich Honecker in every room, same GDR brow-and-orange carpeting, etc.

15. azmanon says:

What are you people talking about, Lithuania and Russophobia? Lithuania has had a full scale presidential impeachment because of government involvement in the Russian mafia. No other Baltic state has come close (although Estonia just outed a NATO informer who was spying for the Russians).

Please, every Eastern block country resented Soviet occupation. It was only individuals who profited from the system that felt it was a good thing (mostly party affiliates much like those who enjoy the US NeoCon global hegemony).