BBtv Unicorn Chaser: Diesel Sweeties Laser Robots

8 Responses to “BBtv Unicorn Chaser: Diesel Sweeties Laser Robots”

Man, I wish I had a CNC machine. But I do own a scroll saw (the thing he was using in the beginning of the video). Scroll saws are awesome for one-off art project-type stuff.

Put another way, I’d rather have fretwork in my home that was cut by hand on a scroll saw (or with a manual fret saw) than some laser-cut, mass-produced stuff. But for what this dude was doing, the CNC is unbeatable. Every day would be a party in my house if I had a CNC machine. Just me, a glass of booze and a bunch of laser-cut bits of stuff piled around me. ;)

I think what I’m getting at here is, thanks for the video. It’s a cool project and Xeni: seriously. Thank you for publishing these kind of videos. SERIOUSLY. Holiday kisses for you (I mean that in a good way, like when a daschund licks your hand… not like when a hairy dude from the Coast Guard bumps the nearest port and wants to lick your hand).

2. Ray Radlein says:

I should be clear, by the way, that I was in no way suggesting anything untoward about the use of Red Robot; I was merely being, like I said, all pedantic and quibbley.

Folks who aren’t R. or Sam frequently seem to ignore Sam’s part in the greatness that is Red Robot C-63

3. Ray Radlein says:

Ooh, thanks for telling me about Dog Hates ME! I had somehow completely missed its existence until now.

4. m3m says:

“To be all pedantic and quibbley, that particular robot is a character that R. Stevens borrowed from another webcomic, Sam Brown’s Explodingdog.”

Technically it is a character that they share. The two have worked together going all the way back to when they were neighbors in college.

5. rstevens says:

Zero drama as far as I’m concerned, dude!

6. rstevens says:

Pedantry is sometimes correct! Sam and I do share variations on the Red Robot.

7. rstevens says:

m3m has good data! sam and i used to live across from the same ghetto hartford police substation.

his sites are:

the first one is brand new and kind of amazing.

8. Ray Radlein says:

On the other hand, the particular pattern being cut is clearly R. Stevens’ version of Red Robot C-63.