17 Responses to “The Legend of Master Legend in Rolling Stone (complete story) by Joshuah Bearman”

1. Mr_Voodoo says:

I read the Rolling Stone article. And it made me very happy.

Master Legend, Mr. Voodoo salutes you. Stay safe.

2. nehpetsE says:

Ohhh humanity…
    You are so very very human, with your pathos and bathos.

Can someone more erudite than myself please please proffer the perfect quote from Cervantes’ Don Quixote?

3. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Jason, don’t make fun of virtue.

4. marco antonio says:

(re: Master Legend article)
    I have a world of respect for these guys. They organise charities, help those around them with practical solutions, make a change in people’s lives rather than just talking about it. If their costumes help in getting the job done – even if it is by giving them the confidence to take action – I say great!

Why should spandex be any different to a cancer-ward clown, a rock-star’s outlandish outfit at a benefit concert, even a priest’s sometimes funny clothing when helping the community? Easy to make fun of, but at least Master Legend is doing, not just talkin’.

5. Modusoperandi says:

I do hate to poke at them, but some polyfilla, fiberglass, and metal flake paint would do wonders for the Battle Truck.

“To the Battle Truck!”

“…you mean the Nissan?”

“Yeah. That.”

6. theWalrus says:

Isn’t Mater that tow truck in the movie Cars?

7. Modusoperandi says:

…and isn’t the guy on the right the guy in the men’s bathroom of my worst nightmare?

My first reaction was to ridicule mercilessly, but after reading the article, Master Legend is OK, just a different page of the “Community Service” book.

Mater reminds me of tater
    And taters make me hungry

And now to channel Sling Blade
    I want me some french fried taters mmmhmm…

10. OM says:

…Someone tell the guy on the left that KISS wants their spare suit back.

11. elevenwatt says:

That article could have used more pronouns. After about 500 words it is clear we are talking about Master Legend. Repeating Master Legends name every time Master Legend is referred to leads me to to believe that there was still some fun being made of him (Master Legend) although perhaps with more superficial charity than most would offer. The message of the article appears to be that he is a positive, albeit goofy force in the universe – narrating it in toned-down comic book prose undermines that notion, somewhat.

bah! hardly any of them listed an arch enemy, what sissies!

I for one delight in my super-villain status and have the mustache to match. I didn’t decide to become a super-villain, but I cannot deny fate.

let the arching begin!

All I could think while reading this article was

TRU PUNX

14. Jason McIntosh says:

#2 – If these guys had actually been made fun of by an anonymous commenter on the internet, I have no doubts they’d wither away and retire immediately. Thank goodness you’ve chosen to use your powers more wisely.