Homemade motorcycle ad on Craigslist

18 Responses to “Homemade motorcycle ad on Craigslist”

1. PrettyBoyTim says:

I’m astonished that this thing could be legal to use on a public highway…

2. andrewm says:

Uh, the same photo made the rounds over three years ago:

3. seyo says:

I posted a similar joke ad on CL using the very same pictures, probably about 3 years ago or so.

4. Strangepork says:

“Great first bike otherwise!” if you overlook EVERYTHING! Yikes!

I remember this photo, actually a series of photos, surfacing a few years ago. I have a feeling this is a hoax, as I think the maker of this mad max cycle lives somewhere in Asia. At least, I think… I would be very surprised if this is legit. As Eustace alludes to, the kind of guy who would make this crazy ride is probably not going to sell it to just any joe, and hopefully not as a “first bike”. BUT if it is for sale, I’M TOTALLY ON THAT SHEEIT!

6. semiotix says:

When will people learn. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

7. Avarice says:

The picture has the name of a website on it.

Hoax.

8. flyingdutchman says:

Prettyboy, it sure as hell isn’t road legal anywhere in the world.

Most likely some joker built this as a “funny bike” for drag racing or something. And since it has truck wheels, the rider will be having a hard time even only keeping it going straight for a quarter mile. I wouldn’t want to be going round any type of corner at speeds above 10mph on that thing.

9. Amylopan says:

I hope the seller gets what it’s really worth! Surely a bike enthusiast like Jay Leno would pay a hefty sum.

10. Agent 86 says:

If you want quality, you simply Have to go Hand-Crafted.

11. aldasin says:

Great last bike!

12. sdt says:

I’ve been playing Fallout 3 lately, and this bike looks perfectly suited for the Wastelands :)

13. eustace says:

I just can’t believe it. The Lone Biker of the Apocalypse is selling his ride. Must be really hard up. Damn.

14. saint_al says:

Damn! So that’s what happened to my ’70 Coupe de Ville.
    “Uses about a quart of oil for each gas fillup.”~ identifier.

15. SFRT4 says:

I’m in south China right now, and you just have to get out of the big cities to see literally dozens of motorcycles like that on the street, every day. Many of them come with a homemade side-car full of vegetables or propane containers or pig carcasses.

@ #10. Yes this bike was built a few yrs ago by a guy in China. I believe there are extensive pictures on http://www.ratbike.org (a site full of insane Mad Max style bikes)

17. a_user says:

the guy is a born salesman – enhancing the positive and back grounding the negative.