Furries are a fave on BB. We appreciate the fun these folks have dressing up like stuffed animals. Bizarre's Tom Broadbent attended RBW 2008, billed as the "largest furry convention in the UK," and returned with an excellent gallery of photos. From his photo essay:
There were loads of people there – from full fursuiters to tail-wearers. The selection of animals included fearsome wolves, big dogs, fuzzy foxes, a cool meerkat, a brilliant boar, a blinking dragon, an awesome lion and a few bears. It’s surreal being in a room full of oversized animals playing musical chairs. One of the best things about the day was getting loads of hugs from furry folk.Furry Convention
- BBtv: American Furry - Life, Liberty, and the Fursuit of Happiness ...
- BBtv: Furries part 2, and inside South Park Studios. - Boing Boing
- Furries vs Klingons bowling tournament this Sat in Atlanta - Boing ...
- Mexican lazer gun gangsters do battle with furries: video - Boing ...
- Furries and an Escalade (video) - Boing Boing
- DHS to kids: Ready for... Furries? - Boing Boing
- HOWTO make an animatronic lion mask with superpowers - Boing Boing
- Orangina's furry TV commercial - Boing Boing
- Furry Couture at Tokyo Fashion Week - Boing Boing
David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.