Optional Accessory ukulele video By Zoe

20 Responses to “Optional Accessory ukulele video By Zoe”

1. pixelwings says:

If you like folksy songs about mustaches, you should watch this short documentary. It has a pretty awesome mustache theme song.

2. porcupineschool says:

The Mr. Moustache Pillow is made by Sally England. You can buy it on Etsy here:

3. Ukulele Hunt says:

Zoe was robbed in the Bushman Ukulele Contest. This song should have won hands down.

4. phlavor says:

She’s awesome. If I wasn’t taken I’d take my mustache to her.

5. John Markos O'Neill says:

@6 It is not a fad, it is a movement, and the stache will not be stanched.

6. gluther says:

If you happen to be in Denver, on Feb 7th Swallow Hill is hosting their 2nd annual Ukulele festival, info here: http://www.myspace.com/denverukefest

you can also listen to KGNU (www.kgnu.org) at 7pm on Feb 2nd for a live preview of the fest, featuring a few local Uke players. (full disclosure, i’m the producer/engineer of the show on KGNU)

7. acb says:

@1: that was my first thought too. “You know who else had a mustache, don’t you?”

8. franko says:

@ #10 — hear hear!
    i have a moustache, and i vote.

thank you for posting where to get the pillow, #8. i want one!

also, this is awesome. i think they have a winnah!

9. brooklyntwang says:

Does she like Hitler?

10. Takuan says:

brrrr! semi-keratinized protein filaments,how typically mammalian, squick!

11. brooklyntwang says:

Oops I accidentally a whole Godwin’s law on the first post. Is this bad?

12. kaosmonkey says:

Know what’s really bad? I had to go to the wiki because I had no idea what Godwin’s Law was.

And, forgive me if I’m stating the obvious as I am new to this, it seems that a trap door will soon open and you will be plunged into a pool of hungry crocodiles.

Bummer.

13. warmestregards says:

Sally England Designed Mr. Moustache Pillow!

14. eustace says:

So talented, and so beautiful! My ‘stache is at her service.

15. Mark Temporis says:

I like her voice. It’s a very folky, sort of alt-rock sort that reminds me in ways of Concrete Blonde’s Johnette Napoliatano or Suzanne Vega, which is strange as those two sound nothing alike.

16. skramble says:

that gal is super cute.
    I hope one day she moves up to beards, then I’ll have a chance.

17. Sveden says:

Ack. Nice lyrics but her looking at the camera like she just farted at the beginning creeps me out.

18. ridl says:

I hate the mustache fad. Hate it hate it hate it and don’t like. I want it over two years ago, I want it never to have happened. And YET despite how manifestly awful the things look on EVERYONE the lip hair keeps spreading like scabies and empty tallboys in a gutterpunk crashpad. I weep that now even the BoingBoing has succumbed to this infectious open sore of awful taste. Mustaches are ugly and bad and make men look like christian cop child molesters. which is not cool even ironically.

Beards, however…

19. fnc says:

Nice song, but my mind keeps putting the word “ride” throughout this song in certain places, which makes me giggle.