Teddy coat, belt of belts, jean-sneakers -- the designs of Sebastian Errazuriz

35 Responses to “Teddy coat, belt of belts, jean-sneakers -- the designs of Sebastian Errazuriz”

1. Cory Doctorow says:

It’s not linkable. It’s not indexed by google. It can’t be searched. That’s not “navigable.” If sites can’t be linked to except via their front doors, they’re broken.

2. Halloween Jack says:

Forget the teddy-bear coat–get that model some cheeseburgers! Look at those hips. Her jeans are falling off–are those veins? Ick.

3. Tgg161 says:

The lego-man motorcycle helmet is a bit hilarious.

And the fat guy covered with band-aids… wtf?

4. godfathersoul says:

um…. i dunno, i went to the site and could barely click on the links. i’m writing this so that the person who owns the site bight see it… i dunno, firefox on a macbook and the links – the thumbnails, etc, just. won’t. click. WEIRD!

TOo bad cause i liked that cow on the roof thing…

5. seekthat says:

interesting coat, kind of weird :)

6. scionofgrace says:

The jean sneakers make me think of footie pajamas.

7. Pantograph says:

It’s not linkable. It’s not indexed by google. It can’t be searched.

Which presumably is a conscious choice by the owner of the site. Why not respect that wish? Not everything has to be made for our convenience. Some places take a little effort to reach.

8. SBW says:

Nobody mentioned that the site re-sizes the browser window to full screen just to display a 1024×510 flash window. That’s just rude.

9. noguitarhero says:

tikal2k-that is what I thought of first too, Flea’s custom stuffed animal pants. He told me that they were stolen out of the trunk of his car many years ago, along with his golf clubs (and he was sadder about the golf clubs than the pants).

10. Takuan says:

better with live puppies.

The belt is problematic, I could see some frustrated individual vainly turning it through the loops looking for the beginning, the moment rapidly fading while she reclines on the bed.

11. Patrick Dodds says:

The jacket is like BBs fractal bear link of a few posts ago – I like.

12. cherry shiva says:

moderators: ever seen any mel brooks movies ?

13. cherry shiva says:

@#12 cory: but none of those problems are due to flash, are they ? methinks they need to plant some meta-tags. i just know too many flash haters, is all. it’s truly been a “wonderful thing” in my life.

and you totally rock, btw. (!)

14. manicbassman says:

if the belt has been made properly, then it should be undoable at any buckle…

I like the idea, but would suffer horrendous buckle rash on my guitars…

Unfortunately, my daughter saw the coat of teddies and wants one…

15. astraybuffet says:

Instead of foot odor silently seeping out of the top of my trainers at ground level, am I to assume that it’s going to have to make it’s way north and escape via the top of my trousers? Not if I had my belt of belts tightened it wouldn’t!

16. trimeta says:

That belt reminds me of Hennet, the sorcerer pictured in the D&D v3.5 Player’s Handbook. He was rather a fan of belts.

17. mindpimp says:

The belt is cool ‘n’ all, but unless it’s made out of some surprisingly thin leather, it’ll never fit through the average Joe’s belt loops.

18. zuzu says:

Because it undermines the fundamental design of the World Wide Web, perhaps?!

19. Avram / Moderator says:

Cherry Shiva @25, calling Zuzu a “fundamentalist” for answering Pantograph’s question in a reasonable and accurate way was bad enough. The “final solution” crack was beyond the pale.

20. Pantograph says:

I’m glad to see a coat that focuses attention on the horrors of the fake fur trade.

Too many teddies have died for our pleasure.

21. cosmicautumn says:

That Teddy coat looks very similar to those created by JC de Castelbajac.

22. litening says:

That jean-shoe thingy is hideous.
    What’s the limit for number of teddies allowed to be harmed in the making of that jacket? ;)

23. hds says:

Now that provokes many many “Sup Dawg”-Xzibit-Meme-Jokes (i put a belt on your belt…)

24. Takuan says:

I wish someone would call ME a fundamentalist (sniff***)

25. Kabur Naj says:

I made this half-jacket half-teddy monster to please you
    But I get the feeling that you don’t like it
    What’s with all the screaming?
    You like teddies, you like jackets
    Maybe you don’t like monsters so much
    Maybe I used too many teddies
    Isn’t it enough to know that I ruined a jacket making a gift for you?

(With apologies to Jonathan Coulton…)

26. rasz says:

Instructable for the teddy jacked is welcome.

27. tikal2k says:

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers used to rock the stuffed animal pants onstage for years and years.

Bust A Move!

28. Patrick Dodds says:

whts wrng wth Chrry’s pst? Sms nncnt ngh. Y mdrtrs nd mr slp!

29. cherry shiva says:

@24 zz: s y’r fndmntlst nw ? tlllng s ll wht w shld hv nd d nd lk nd bld ?

mk tl tht ds wht flsh ds ND slvs yr ‘fnl sltn’ fr th wb nd thn myb.

30. Shay Guy says:

A belt…made out of belts?

Tetsuya Nomura would be proud.

31. RedMonkey says:

#13 that’s the next internet meme – LOLmodels – i can haz cheezeburger?

32. the Other michael says:

Don’t forget the the ur-text of the Tickle-me-Elmo-fur coat.

33. sbarnes2 says:

Make those shoe/jeans skinny and you have Homestar’s legs!

Strong Bad: …from what I can tell, you wear no pants and have blue soles glued to the bottoms of your feet.
    Homestar Runner: W- Well, that’s simply not true. I have long pants, I wear long pants. I’m a long pants man, long pants, long pants! (from SBmail “long pants”)

34. cherry shiva says:

fie on thy editorial flash-hating, good sir.
    the site, while not flawless, is fine and navigable. good stuff.