Meowfaceman is seduced by the guitar pick carrier

18 Responses to “Meowfaceman is seduced by the guitar pick carrier”

1. Gareth Branwyn says:

Woo-hoo! My comment made it to the front page. I’m on Boing Boing! I’m on… I… oh, wait a minute…

2. Deltron says:

If you are looking for wallets I would recommend

I got one of the dinoclasm wallets and I get compliments on it regularly

3. Xopher says:

Gareth, you silly. You WAY silly.

Yay Meowfaceman!

4. gaberussell says:

I hope the guy in the Mighty Wallet video cancelled that Mastercard…

If only the Raptured came with a brass grommet in one corner with a chromed chain through it. It could transport us to our mis-spent youth in pool halls.

6. Katerade says:

Speaking of BB getting us to spend money on retarded things ALL THE TIME, my fella and I bought his roommate the moleskine iPod cover (http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/12/19/penpals-makes-a-mole.html) for his roommate for Christmas – he has a Nano, and is comically obsessed with moleskines. Though their website didn’t seem to ship to the U.S., they came through. When he opened the gift, the roommate said, “I may have to beat MYSELF up.”

7. TheChickenAndTheRice says:

What a wonderful thing.

8. GregLondon says:

I’ve got a sewing machine that can handle leather. I’ve got a source of leather scraps. But how the hell do you laser etch on a budget? Especially if you have no artistic talent whatsoever?

I need iron-on’s for leather or something.

9. InsertFingerHere says:

Love those Might Wallets , but it’s $15 to ship to me…so .. no deal. Too bad.

10. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Community Manager says:

Cardbross: Good notion. Instructables has a bunch of designs for making Tyvek wallets, so you could work with one of those plus your wallet images.

11. Gareth Branwyn says:

@Takuan
    We DID include that very CNC project in The Best of Instructables.

12. Talia says:

I had to re-read this headline like four times. Did.. not.. compute. Hehehe.

13. Takuan says:

I love the little Instructables, I love them lots!

14. meowfaceman says:

Whoa. I’m totally famous now. I bet I can get into clubs for free! :-D

15. Tenn says:

-Fawns-

can I have your autograph?

16. Gareth Branwyn says:

In The Best of Instructables, we reprinted the Instructable for making wallets from keyboard membranes. They’re a little fragile, and you need to be someone who carries a rather thin wallet (some cash, ID and a couple of CCs), but they look really cool, and it becomes a little like Christmas cracking open keyboards to see which types of membranes they have (they vary dramatically). I did a workshop/demo on making them at last year’s Maker Faire Austin. I also made a keyboard membrane checkbook cover, which I actually do use. And I used the membrane material on the cover of my Maker’s Notebook.

17. cardbross says:

@InsertFingerHere: if you can get your hands on some Tyvek (USPS mailing envelopes work well) and a solvent-based inkjet printer (I have no idea if standard consumer inkjets are water or solvent based, and water-based ones will probably work ok anyway) you can probably fabricate your own by taking pictures/finding internet pictures of a leather wallet