EFF updates blogger legal guide

9 Responses to “EFF updates blogger legal guide”

Is that Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) typing away?

2. Takuan says:

well of course, if you are going to use JAPANESE monkeys! For the gods sakes, we are using English here!

3. Takuan says:

it’s as if Teresa wrote most of that.

4. IamInnocent says:

After eight years of English Monkeyism and you are still a believer Tak: you’re such a romantic.

5. dxtr666 says:

I thought I came up with the word disemvowel in 2007 when I was editing an old user name to not be associated with it on search engines anymore, apparently I didn’t. I felt so clever, too.

6. Takuan says:

funny how money and laws go hand in hand. Or “control”rather than law. This looks good but is yet another spy database on the obverse:

7. TroofSeeker says:

I think if Boing Boing wants to disemvowel blogs they find offensive, they should. It’s their chat room, and they’re free to make their own rules. Don’t like it? Go away, or learn how to play nice.

8. Ugly Canuck says:

Thnk Gd fr dsmvwllng!

9. IamInnocent says:

Disemvowelment judged on fair use… mmm… I don’t know, since it is rather a non-use.
    Anyway, better stay safe since the EFF advice is more futurology than prevention, more anticipation than prophylaction: keep the commentator’s vowels safe, in some Purgatory, for an eventual refund. I don’t think that they need to be classified in any order though, like by date or post or even sequence, except by poster obviously.
    But his as only my illegal advice.

If this comment doesn’t make sense to you you may disemvowel it and then put a thousand Japanese monkeys at work for a few thousand year re-emvoweling it. They may do a better job than I, for a change.