Read more in Music at Boing Boing

19 Responses to “BB Video: "The People Tree," David Byrne / NASA Project”

1. cinemajay says:

Poor Dengar, he’s not looking so good.

MEDVED!

Cool! Reminds me of Henry Darger!

3. Brandon Boyer says:

Dzama’s basically the best — no one’s got as much artistic command of root beer as he does.

Oh, and this David Byrne fellow sounds like he’s got a promising career in music ahead of him, as well.

The water in Winnipeg comes from Ontario, and there /is/ something in it. For such a little-big city with the funny name, Winnipeg has a real, honest-to-goodness, vibrant and wild arts scene that rivals more famous centres.

All that winter seems to breed the highest sort of weirdness.

5. Clemoh says:

I went to Art School w/ Marcel and the rest of the Art Lodge gang here in Winnipeg, and I can say that their visual style has had a reverberating effect on Artists in this city. Add to this unique vision of the world the films of Guy Maddin, and you can see that YES, there IS something in the water here.

6. J France says:

I’ve been loving the NASA tracks that are getting high rotation on the radio in my part of the world – really, really enjoyable.

And the list of collaborators is awesome – Tom Waits, MIA, Byrne, Karen O.

This is the most worthwhile project from Squeak E Clean since he did the music for the Adidas comercial a few years back (i’ve not been a fan since he borked the production on YYY’s “Show Your Bones” – in my opinion, anyway.)

7. ZoopyFunk says:

Top shelf all the way.

8. ab5tract says:

Man I cannot wait to get out of work and check this out! Chali 2Na + Gift of Gab?! On a track with David Byrne and DJ Z-Trip!?! On bbTV???!!

Sweeeeeet bonus.

9. elguapostrikes says:

I love the Tom Waits+ Kool Keith track on this album!

10. sheshe says:

absolutely loved it! when a video is done right, it’s sooo nice. loved the animation and artwork, not to mention the song :)

11. Baldhead says:

Did I see ManBearpig during the first chorus?

12. Bonnie says:

Can’t stop watching this video! Full of awesome.
    This animation rocks!

13. belldl says:

Hate to be a buzzkill, but I didn’t realize Boingboing (at least the pictures) was supposed to be NSFW.

14. spudsforwilliam says:

Good song! and the Marcel Dzamation is great. The Dzama Bernardi Collection has been my favorite art book for some time. Very cool.

15. Clifton says:

Amazon currently has an N.A.S.A track, “Money (feat. David Byrne, Chuck D, Ras Congo, Seu Jorge & Z-Trip)” as a free download, DRM-free MP3.

It’s currently at the bottom of their “Special Deals” page at this monstrosity of an URL: http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Deals/b/ref=amb_link_5858582_3?ie=UTF8&node=678551011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0VK3VKE0HFJ30M1865W8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=469952011&pf_rd_i=163856011, or you can try for a direct link here: http://www.amazon.com/Money-feat-David-Byrne-Z-Trip/dp/B001MYUDDC/ref=xarw?pf_rd_p=469959891&pf_rd_s=center-11&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=678551011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SQWDRZN9R09GDY5Z6SZ

16. moustache says:

@#7, Sounds like you need a new job.

17. JIMWICh says:

David Byrne + Henry Darger + animation FTW!