Speeding bullet stopped by hair weave

20 Responses to “Speeding bullet stopped by hair weave”

1. Sethum says:

Is there any proof that the bullet actually struck her hair, rather than impacting something harder, like the car frame, and then bounced back and landed in her hair?

Point of comparison, if her hair did act like kevlar and the bullet was traveling full speed, then she should have a massive bruise and possible fractures similar to those cause by a sledge hammer.

2. Ugly Canuck says:

Weren’t some ancient forms of armor made of woven hair, like samurai armor or somesuch?
    Or am I thinking of Victorian hair jewelry?

3. Sekino says:

Yet it still falls second to the ultimate headline: “Speeding bullet stopped by afro”

Sooo clooose…

4. Garreth says:

More research needs to be done in order to ascertain the hairstyle which is most effective at stopping a bullet!

5. Oskar says:

“Hyneman and Savage, calling Hyneman and Savage. Come in please.”

Yeah, I’m gonna need some Mythbusters confirmation before I believe this. There’s probably a really pedestrian explanation, like that it had just ripped through her hair weave or it was a ricochette or something. No way just a hair-weave could have stopped a bullet.

6. Ugly Canuck says:

It haunts me: how crucial hair style can be!

7. robulus says:

Flak-fro

8. randalll says:

Her hair weave is tight, yo!

9. nanuq says:

That’s some industrial strength mousse she’s using.

10. Mim says:

“Police in Kansas City, Mo., said a woman’s tight hair weave stopped a bullet”

Tight hair weave.

11. VVelox says:

I would love to know more about this.

My thoughts on his are this is most likely passed through more than a few pieces of the car before stopping in her hair or that this was a bad round.

12. zawan says:

Super strong hair weave—-horse tails curiously missing…

Am I the only one that sees the correlation???

13. Bonnie says:

Best. Headline. Ever.

14. stuiethegod says:

she must have some crazy thick hair. Though it doesn’t seem that unbelievable, isn’t Kevlar used in bulletproof vests to slow and disburse the impact of a bullet?

15. Gutierrez says:

Girl, your weave so ugly it stops bullets in they tracks!

16. Lauren O says:

That was exactly what I was going to say. Actually, I was going to say “Paging Doctors Hyneman and Savage.” You still stole my thoughts.

17. jenns says:

HAHAHA, this is too funny. I wear hair extensions and tight weaves suck! I got some hair from perfect locks, the hair was nice but the stylist messed up the install… way too tight! It’s like a straight jacket on my head! When I read this I almost died.

18. EH says:

the bullet was shot through a car window, which likely slowed it down significantly.

19. presto says:

Government scientists en route to take woman’s hair in for further testing — could be the break they have been looking for in super soldier defensive capabilities.

20. diluded000 says:

I absolutely believe this. Isn’t hair, per volume, stronger than about any (wo)man made fiber? Just based on some personal observations, a .22 cal would have trouble shooting through 2×4 lumber. So I could see a dense arrangement of stronger fibers easily stopping a round. If there was a bed of more loosely bound hair under the weave, it would act like a cushion and keep the pressure off the skull as well. This would be even more likely if it was a stray shotgun pellet.