Font made of stacked books

14 Responses to “Font made of stacked books”

1. LB says:

If they weren’t displayed here in alphabetical order, would I be able to decipher what letter each one was?

nice! just googled and found her website: http://www.amandinealessandra.com/

3. nosehat says:

I kind of like it, but as a hidden-text sort of thing. A sentence or two in this font will fill a whole page, and just look like a random scramble of books to the uninitiated.

4. olympia says:

I’m sorry, this is too book-punk design over function. I like the army men alphabet way better, but even that is not legible. F for eFFort!

5. lobsterfancy says:

The majority of these letters are barely even legible.

6. Gearhead says:

Rather incohesive, and pretty tough to read as a “font”. What about all those punctuation marks and “funny” accents, for another thing? Nice try, however.

7. TroofSeeker says:

I used to do fliers to invite friends to parties. I once wrote the host’s name in hairy clams. I thought that was pretty cool, but unfortunately I promised Oliver that I wouldn’t write in hairy clams any more, so he would have an exclusive. Too bad; I wish I hadn’t promised that.

The books should have been more thoroughly shuffled from letter to letter. I like that strings of letters look relatively continuous, but the recurring pattern of similarly stacked books kills the effect.

Overall unsuccessful on all counts practical and aesthetic.

9. Tenn says:

Incomprehensible, even for a single-use attention grabbing font. -Shudder-

Pretty idea and execution, though. Maybe if the colored book spines were wider?

10. ___kid___chival0us says:

obviously photoshopped

i like the way this work on typography echoes the traditional composition of text with metal cast – like the letter press, see for ex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterpress

nice one!

12. Dave Rattigan says:

I wouldn’t say “clever” – took me ages to figure out what it said.

13. assumetehposition says:

I’m not sure I’d call this a font — an interesting little exercise though.

Is it a typeface if it can’t be used for typesetting?