We're super excited and honored to share a streaming preview of new work from a Boing Boing hero, the legendary and wonderful Mister David Byrne. He's teamed up with the Grammy-nominated Brazilian Girls to release an English-language version of the song "Losing Myself."
Listen to the track here.
Byrne duets with lead singer Sabina Sciubba on the new version of the song, available through iTunes on March 24. Here's more:
Sciubba explains that the song is "a journey through New York City’s subway, streets, crowds, nights and clubs. Everywhere you go, you leave something behind: your scarf, a shoe, a memory, your money, an ear, your friends, your head ...until you end up being light as a feather and you have nothing left but your freedom."Brazilian Girls are Sabina Sciubba (vocals), Didi Gutman (keyboards) and Aaron Johnston (drums). More about the collaboration here. (thanks, Danielle Spencer!)
The original version of the song, recorded in French, was released last summer on the Brazilian Girls latest full length album New York City (Verve Forecast). The Grammy-nominated album was applauded by critics, with the New York Times declaring it “a benediction, or a prayer, from an analog limbo," and Variety proclaiming them “the only dance band that matters."
- BBtv -- David Byrne: Playing the Building
- BB Video: "The People Tree," David Byrne feat. Chali 2Na, Z-Trip ...
- David Byrne: I was BoingBoing-blocked at Denver airport.
- David Byrne and Brian Eno's kick ass new album in a million ...
- David Byrne turns a building into a musical instrument
- Upcoming Byrne/Eno album: "Everything That Happens Will Happen ...
- David Byrne and Brian Eno to tour with "electric gospel" album ...
Read more in Music at Boing Boing
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.