Bletchley Park is a national treasure. Every visitor to Britain should go.
Code cracker remade
During World War II, British brainiacs helped save their country and defeat the Nazis. Recently, the equipment they used has been rebuilt and the surviving members got together for a reunion.
The rebuild project appears to be a maker's delight: code, electronics, old-school manufacturing, and rapid prototyping all wrapped up in a world-changing quest to win the war.
- Bletchley Park kicks so much ass - Boing Boing
- Brit academics call for Bletchley Park funding - Boing Boing
- Hams of Bletchley Park - Boing Boing
- PGP and others team up to renovate Bletchley Park - Boing Boing
- Bletchley Park's Colossus codebreaker to race modern PC in ...
- Pocket Enigma Machine in a CD jewel case - Boing Boing
- Enigma machine spotted on eBay - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.