Musicians around the world play "Stand By Me"

16 Responses to “Musicians around the world play "Stand By Me"”

1. The Unusual Suspect says:

That’s beautiful! What’s it selling?

Seriously, I’m a big fan of buskers – the ones with talent at least – and these folks sure qualify.

I was fortunate to talk to Grandpere in New Orleans. Look for him in Jackson Square and tell him “hi” from Red in Canada.

2. Kieran O'Neill says:

Beautiful.

And the still image is of Zulu women from Umlazi, too. :)

It’s a wonderful accompaniment to news I’ve been reading about the South African general elections today – unprecedented voter turnout (particularly among young people), a general absence of violence and intimidation, and a feeling of excitement and celebration.

3. fnc says:

If anybody deserves to inherit the earth, it’s the musicians.

4. MikeKStar says:

Bill Moyers has had the producer, Mark Johnson, on his program a couple of times now and the full DVD and album is due out soon.

I recommend learning more about this project here:

More info and additional music/videos can be found at their website: http://www.playingforchange.com

Pre-order the CD+DVD from Amazon for only $9.99 – http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Around-World-CD-DVD/dp/B001QOOCTE/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1240430188&sr=8-1

5. glitchveggie says:

*sniff* T.T Best unicorn chaser ever. I didn’t know they wore overalls too!

6. Wil Wheaton says:

This freakin’ song. It follows me everywhere I go, even when I’m reading Boing Boing!

7. Antinous / Moderator says:

Just be glad that you were never in a movie called Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

Oh My Dear Sweet Jebus! This is wonderful, wonderful stuff.

In this, I’ve seen true magic.

9. Alan says:

They win.

10. bex says:

that was something special.

All we get up here is blokes who play a bit guitar and sing badly but thankfully no panpipes

11. Deidzoeb says:

Their version of “One Love” by Bob Marley is even better. (Maybe I’m just partial to slide & dobro that’s more prominent in this.)

12. relgin says:

This wonderful video just reminds me, once again, of how much America has been shaped by the contributions of African Americans and for that much, by so many from around the world.

Yeah, musicians (and kids) are pretty people.

13. MarieGoltara says:

Way cool video. I loved it. Thanks for sharing!

AWWWSOME PIECE OF WORK!!!!
    I watched over and over again because it made me feel great and made my day and the next and the next. Beautiful. Well done. The power of music will always unite people and soothe the soul.Thanks for this treasure. It is worth more than GOLD!!!!

15. technogeek says:

Now that is Something Wonderful. Thanks.

16. EscapingTheTrunk says: