DMZ 6: Blood in the Game, the vote comes to Manhattan

16 Responses to “DMZ 6: Blood in the Game, the vote comes to Manhattan”

1. scorchio75 says:

@Keeper of the Lantern

I completely agree – I was disappointed with V5, but I’ll be grabbing V6 as soon as I can!

2. Jack's Smirking Revenge says:

$75….it’s for a good cause so I don’t mind, but I be broke yo.

I love this series so much! Thanks for reviewing it!

BTW, Brian Wood is on Twitter if any of you want to follow him – http://twitter.com/brianwood

This looks very interesting! Should i buy this, folks?

I’m guessing I should start at #1? (DMZ: On the Ground?)

5. insidecircles says:

I love this series, the best comic I’ve read for ages. Looking forward to sitting down with this this weekend.

6. Powerphail says:

This looks pretty interesting, I’ll probably check it out

7. Boba Fett Diop says:

I’ve been following the comic for a while, and this is definitely one of the best storylines so far. The narrative has really evolved beyond the Escape from New York/Warriors elements that made the first episodes so interesting.

8. Tynam says:

Awesome writing as always. Brian Wood is fast becoming one of my must-read authors (although I’m not entirely convinced by Northlanders yet – anyone got any recommendations on that?)

9. 13strong says:

TYNAM:

The guy at “I Love Rob Liefeld” LOVES Northlanders.

10. belgium says:

@TYNAM

Have you read the Lindisfarne two parter (#9 and #10), it’s my favourite part of the series. Though I agree with you that while very good, Northlanders doesn’t have quite the kick as Wood’s other series (DMZ, Demo, Local).

DMZ is IMO the best ongoing series out there, War Powers (the next story arc) is just amazing, the amount of growth the setting and the characters have undergone during the series is nothing short of remarkable.

11. Keeper of the Lantern says:

With Volume 5 I was thinking they’d run out of steam but 6 renews my faith. I also think the main artist is just fantastic…his renderings of the main characters really brings something essential to them.

More than that, it kind of reminds you of some of what made NYC so vital in the chaotic, violent 70s and 80s.

Love this series.

12. Jack's Smirking Revenge says:

Buy it, read it, and you’re gonna love it.

Start with “On The Ground” Vol.1 collection or you’re gonna be lost.

After that you can probably get 35-present issue (41?) at your local comic dwelling.

@11: Alright, it’s in the mail. ETA: 2-4 days.

This better rock my sox, boingboing!

14. Jack's Smirking Revenge says:

That should read “after those” not “after that”.

As in plural volumes that are out.

15. Jack's Smirking Revenge says:

@12 yay!

You can get a copy of DMZ signed by Brian Wood and Greg Palast (wrote the Introduction) at http://www.PalastInvestigativeFund.org