Sire Records (Thanks, Stephen!)
Over on the Sire Records web site, they have a big page full of music videos from all their artists... Except that if you actually click on any of them to play, they've *all* been taken down for copyright infringment... by Warner Music Group, Sire's parent company.
Their long arm of the law has stretched all the way around the internet to spank themselves in the ass.
Coincidentally(?), if you go to Warner Music Group's YouTube channel, the first many pages of comments are just angry users lashing out about deleted videos.
You'd think Warner'd be more receptive to people sharing and spreading advertisements for their artists. But they're in such a panic about infringment they've gone so far as to ban even the official videos. Amazing.
- Warner Music claims Lessig is a pirate, has his presentation taken ...
- Warner Music Group artist has her own videos taken off YouTube by ...
- Call Warner Music and complain about lawsuits and DRM - Boing Boing
- Warner Music sues paralyzed stroke victim - Boing Boing
- Warner Music, Universal Music, EMI & Sony-BMG voted worst ...
- PearLyrics shutown: EFF's open letter to Warner Music - Boing Boing
- Warner Music CEO: Price-fixing is for iTunes, too - Boing Boing