Now Slower With More Bugs stickers are good for organic produce, software boxes

12 Responses to “Now Slower With More Bugs stickers are good for organic produce, software boxes”

1. kieransam says:

Even the tech bloggers are posting about local pollinators and getting beehives.

Honey bees are not local pollinators! Apis mellifera were introduced from Africa to Europe, and then from Europe to the Americas. The unjustified large-scale agricultural use of honey bees may have actually harmed our native pollinators (like bumble bees and leaf-cutter bees) a great deal.

2. Jazzhigh says:

Bah, those bumble and leaf-cutter bees sold their rights to exclusivity fair and square.

3. Darren Garrison says:

Stickers also useful for the packaging of Microsoft Vista.

4. Pantograph says:

But the ecology needs a cheap immigrant pollinator workforce to stay competitive.

5. firstbakingbook says:

Many food plants produce toxins to avoid being eaten, i.e. natural pesticides. Toxin production can be triggered by pest damage. And, unlike artificial toxins, they can’t be washed off.

Our aversion of buggy food may not be all silliness.

6. lenore says:

Kieransam– I did not mean to imply that honey bees are local pollinators. I was linking to two separate recent stories, but the links were not carried over to BB. Just showing that there is interest in the topic of insects.

I could have sworn these stickers were included in an insert in the Happy Mutant Handbook…

Oh HA! I thought it was a new sticker for Windows.

As someone who likes his food bug free, congratulations! You’ve just put me off organic food even more.

10. Phoenicks says:

As an organic farmer and tech geek I can honestly say that’s just fucking cool.

Oh and *flicks the twat who thinks artificial chemicals are peechy keen and just wash off* Go read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson ya tool.

I have to wonder if people aren’t overestimating the influence of the Slow Food movement.

Sure, I’ve heard of it and I know there are a couple fancy restaurants in my ‘hood that try to glom onto it, but I doubt the average Joe Midwest knows anything about it.

12. ill lich says:

“Shhhhh. . . don’t point out the bugs, or they’ll charge extra for them, great source of protein don’t ya know.”