Sam & Dave's "Hold on I'm Coming" performed by Italian scarecrows

10 Responses to “Sam & Dave's "Hold on I'm Coming" performed by Italian scarecrows”

1. Anse Bundren says:

huh. that’s an interesting interpretation from a fresh perspective.

2. Enormo says:

They are making movements while they sing to keep my visually interested.

singer is Adriano Celentano, quite popular pop singer in Italy. In 60′ it was frequent to have italian pop singer translating song from other countries. example, here a cover of I I HAD A HAMMER by Rita Pavone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGIXrziSLCQ

The lyrics say more or less “Do you know why the farmer is happier than me? It’s because his land will never betray (cheat on?) him. I can’t, I can’t, I can’t have love. I’d like to be buried under the ground like a seed and forget everything, just to sprout again in the spring. I can’t, I can’t, I can’t have love. I cry because who I loved is not here anymore, tell me what kind of life this is.”

The singer is even faking an American accent.

Am i the only person who is reminded of certain VERDI operas when they view this?

6. InsertFingerHere says:

I was having a really crappy day.. but this made it all better… loved it..just loved it.

7. arkizzle says:

WTF did we used to watch? And this is far from the weirdest..

Glad to note it has brightened some people’s day though, I just wonder what’s the thinking behind so many “entertainment” shows like this. I mean there were tons of these shows (still some); dancers and a popular tune, reinterpreting a metaphor from the song through dance.. it’s pre-MTV music videos I suppose..

I was going to say “thank goodness for music videos”, but that would have been a lie.

8. Captain Squiffy says:

Who needs acid when you have this!

9. EH says:

This appears to be taken from the Italian “Lawrence Welk Show.”

10. toyg says:

“In the 60s”? Why, Antonello Venditti’s remake of Crowded House’s “Don’t Dream It’s Over” was from the late 80s/early 90s, and it was a massive hit (with the famous video featuring a teenage Angelina Jolie). Jovanotti and Carboni did the same with Extreme’s “More than words” in 1993, and it was another big hit. Ligabue replied in 1994 with a cover of REM’s “It’s the end of the world and we know it”: another hit.

I’d say Italians still like this sort of thing quite a lot :)