Kadrey and Shaw Live

13 Responses to “Kadrey and Shaw Live”

1. Sean Craven says:

Hmmm… I’m guessing it’s a spray can, not a fire hydrant — look at the nozzle on top.

Just to be a pedantic jerk about it.

2. mattohara says:

what he said ^

3. Rajio says:

^ What #1 said

4. nosehat says:

also what #1 said.

Tumbarumba looks really interesting! It looks particularly interesting as a business model. Especially if your business is aggregating and selling people’s online browsing behavior to advertisers. =P I think I’ll pass for now, at least until they link a privacy policy on their website.

Well, to be fair, a fire hydrant full of paint WOULD be pretty bitchin’.

6. flashdadi says:

Don’t have the address but a few years back there was a great wall of artwork from Vaughn Bode in San Francisco.

I wonder if it is still there.

7. mattofdoom says:

^ Yes, I also clicked through to make that same comment.

Hey we’re all on the same page. It’s weird people can see different things while looking at the same subject.

9. Ethan says:

@ #11 Nosehat

We’ve had a privacy policy from the beginning. You can read it on Mozilla’s site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/policy/0/9746 or on Tumbarumba’s site: http://www.turbulence.org/Works/tumbarumba/faq.html#tracking

Also, the add-ons JavaScript isn’t obfuscated (except for some light-weight encryption on the stories’ text), so code-minded folks are welcome to audit the code to confirm we aren’t doing anything underhanded.

10. Halloween Jack says:

Not familiar with Shaw, but Kadrey is hella cool. That’s just the sort of T-shirt that I’d imagine him wearing.

11. Rudy Rucker says:

Okay, I thought it was a fire hydrant, as it’s painted right down at street level but, yeah, the little ellipse on the top does suggest the nozzle of a spray can.

The killer alien spray can…well, I like that too!

12. Matt Katz says:

I’m a HUGE fan of tumbarumba. I often skip short stories that are posted online. Tumbarumba turns the stories into whimsical magical events, it is impossible not to read them.

Ethan Ham, who also worked on http://add-art.org did an amazing job with it. One of the best pieces of net art I’ve seen.

13. eideal852 says: