David Lynch's Interview Project begins today

15 Responses to “David Lynch's Interview Project begins today”

1. hobomike says:

yeah, it’s so short, it’s barely an interview. I like the concept but a disservice to the people featured. Everyone’s got at least one good story to tell. We’ll see…

2. wolfiesma says:

Hey Canuck,
    Great ditty that “Arizona,” that. Brought to mind this wonderfuly sappy scene from “Almost Famous.”

3. adampark says:

So far, so Straight Story. Very intrigued by the snippets of dialogue elsewhere on the site – cannot wait for more…..

New interviews will be posted every 3 days (according to Lynch himself in a brief intro on this site)

gah!
    such a beautiful & interesting new media project — but without RSS?
    *shakes head*

6. vcrtutor says:

These short films are pure poetry. Watch what happens in the background, not just what the interviewee says and does. The director’s concept is obvious: these are representations of what is important to the person on screen, and are not intended to be life-story interviews.

7. madzack says:

yeah i wish this was longer.

8. iguanoid says:

that is beautiful.

godspeed mr jess.

Aren’t these interview actually filmed by Lynch’s son? No mention of him?

10. arnearne says:

I wish Mr. Lynch would include a RSS feed so I know when the next episode is up.

11. Ugly Canuck says:

Aaah, Arizona!

Take off those rainbow shades!

12. brianary says:

Any plans for a podcast feed?

13. wolfiesma says:

Quite curious to see what California, Southwest outposts Mr. Lynch will hitch his post at. I’m sure he’ll dig up some real characters wherever he goes…

14. adamnvillani says:

A while back I saw what the weekly program schedule was for KTLA, L.A.’s first TV station, way back in the early days of TV, like the late 40s or early 50s. One of the shows was simply called “Meet Interesting People.” I’ve since thought that somebody oughtta revive a series with that name, and it looks like that’s more or less what Lynch has done here.

15. nosehat says:

I found myself wishing that this interview segment was much, much longer. This barely scratches the surface. Although I suppose it would be too much to ask for a feature length documentary every 3 days.

David Lynch is an anomaly for me: An absolute genius director, but also a soft-headed, gullible meta-physician.