200906302202 Picture 21

Images Frazetta Cornered 200906302208

Some of the results are in for the Alpha-test Meatcard Challenge, and they are terrific. The rules were to photographically recreate one of several famous Frank Frazetta paintings (without using Photoshop or the like). The winners get business cards made from laser etched beef jerky.

Frazetta Meatcard challenge results

28 Responses to “Frazetta Meatcard challenge results”

okay, the ass that everybody is making a huge deal about is very nice; but the shear humor in these people’s efforts is just great, e.g., the gal on the linked webpage with the balloons in her brassiere (snerk, snerk)

2. IamInnocent says:

Apparently we all have a hard time (no pun) seeing past her scrumptious rear end: what does it say about it, her, us and them cards?

3. aaziz says:

Thanks for raping my bandwidth guys :S at least I couldn’t gotten more than $0.02 ad revenue v.v

4. TroofSeeker says:

Would it balance things out if I post a picture of my ass?

I’ve got that book right here- The Moon Men by ERB. I’m sure Frazetta’s paintings have sold a lot of books!
    I believe I’ve read every piece of sci-fi that Burroughs wrote; Moon, Mars, Venus, Pelucidar… and many more. It’s wonderful reading sci-fi from that period, when men were men, women were wild, scientists were mad and evil, and men preferred to fight with swords over pistols. The things they came up with! A lot of stuff hadn’t been done to death, if at all, and the times were simpler. Bad guys had that evil look in their eye. I highly recommend reading some old stuff, for the pure escapism of it.

#15: MERV GRIFFIN!

6. nnguyen says:

“Oh my… god… that ASS. Seriously that ass. there’s a third one of her from behind and it’s even more phenomenal.”

And the couple of photos that has her from the front shows quite a cute face. This entire thread at the very least introduced us to another cute face with an awesome ass, and that’s always a win.

7. Marchhare says:

So where is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog?

8. pAULbOWEN says:

sex > violence

9. regeya says:

#20: I’d say something biting and scathing about that, if I hadn’t just spent several minutes staring at that photo with a dumb look on my face…

10. aaziz says:

Goddamn but these were fun to do. Check out more of ours at http://blog.aaziz.org/a-fire-giant-studios-presents-frank-frazetta-paintings-reimagined

There’s still 9 more entries to go, c’mon geeks of the wild, I want to see more great ones.

Linked to Fleshbot?

12. Purly says:

Well the girl could have bleached her hair, but that’s not unforgiveable. What’s unforgivable is making me look at that pudgy excuse for a Hero that you’ve got defending her.

13. sixister says:

14. GauchoAmigo says:

Hubba hubba.

If he’s her boyfriend, that pudgy guy defending her is MY hero.

16. demidan says:

Frazetta?!? No wonder I lost, I recreated Milk and Cheese! Damn you Gin!!!!!!!

17. planettom says:

Frank Frazetta’s passing today made me want to look at the contest results again, but I found the above link was broken.

For the record, the results are now here:

I like how while the women are suitably curvaceous, the men all have substituted hard barbarian muscles for beer guts.

19. Felix Mitchell says:

So that’s a butt.

20. spiderking says:

Nicer one than Frank’s.

Uh, that didn’t come out right.

21. Signal30 says:

Yep… first thing that went through my mind was, “Damn, that girl done out-Frazetta’d Frazetta.”

Good work.

22. noen says:

Serious casting error for the dude playing the Orc.

23. pAULbOWEN says:

There was an orc?

The lady is awesome, easily the hottest thing on BoingBoing since Star Trek basque gal. If you happen to read this madam, can I say that you have possibly the greatest derriere in the world.

24. Ian70 says:

I wish they’d been asked to re-create the Frazetta painting of the hooded man on the immense black horse.

25. caipirina says:

I vote for more contests like this!

Let the nice behinds of geek girlfriends be seen all around the world!

26. agnot says:

Instruction number 2: “Do not halfass the photo. If there is a dinosaur in the painting, there had better be something awesomely dinosaur-y in your picture.”

27. jfrancis says:

I say counter program one where photoshop and CG is mandatory

28. error404 says:

she’s a might more ahem …convincing than the guys are.