Pneumatic alarm-clock that wakes you by bouncing the bed up and down

18 Responses to “Pneumatic alarm-clock that wakes you by bouncing the bed up and down”

1. stevew says:

At age 15, the forestry crew used to sneak into heavy sleeper’s bedrooms and fire up a chainsaw under the bed. I’ve always set two alarm clocks ever since. My absolute favorite movie alarms were the Dean Martin movie(s) where the circular bed tips them into the bubble bath.

2. Dungeonbrownies says:

Somewhere out there someone has “other uses” in mind for this =3

3. wolfiesma says:

Remember that coin-operated bed-jiggling machine in Lolita? I actually have one of those in a box somewhere… The “shake-o-matic” I believe its called…

4. Enochrewt says:

He looks hurt after he gets up. Maybe he’s acting?

Essentially being whacked by a bed completely unawares might give him serious neck and back problems later in life. Coitus might be a fun ride on that thing though…

5. Ned613 says:

It looks like Kevin could become the first case of shaken-geek syndrom.

6. jimbuck says:

I guess it’s cool sort of, and I’d like to assume he built it out of necessity and not because he was bored.

What would be really funny is if this guy managed to get a girl to sleep over, and he forgot to turn off his alarm.

Hm. Instead of shaking I’d rather have one that rang a warning, then 1 minute later simply rotated the bed horizontal and dumped me out on the floor.

Then I wouldn’t want to lay back down again after it turned off.

8. agraham999 says:

But can it bring me cheese and dress me?

9. LuminousMaximus says:

what a cracker !

the lad has a huge business opportunity on his hands !

I see a mandatory issue for every politicians & with a bit of software tweaking, it’s got legs to improve one’s love life… ;-)

Would it be cruel to suggest that this is likely the closest he will get to any headboard-against-the-wall action for a long time to come?

11. error404 says:

Looks like a lot of fun right up until your downstairs neighbour rocks up and kicks the stuffing out of you.

12. Geneva Girl says:

I’d hate to be his downstairs neighbor!

Yeah, that twin bed was a dead give away that he ain’t gettin’ any!

13. angryhippo says:

This could be fun if you can secretly use it with someone who just watched The Exorcist the night before…

14. DelicateFlower says:

I once stayed at a conference facility at Gallaudet University, where all the rooms are equipped for the hearing impaired. Unbeknownst to me, this meant the alarm clock caused the bed to shake, a la Magic Fingers. Scared the bejeesus out of me, thought it was an earthquake.

15. Lauren O says:

I’ll make the same comment I made on StumbleUpon, which is that I’m not surprised that this bed is only a twin. This dude is never getting laid.

16. Brainspore says:

But energetically bouncing on the bed is what made me sleepy in the first place!

17. Moriarty says:

So it’s a dog simulator.

18. turgidnoodler says: