While The Who were performing, [Abbie Hoffman] went up on stage with the intention of informing the audience that John Sinclair, manager of the MC5 and leader of the White Panther Party, was serving ten years in prison for the possession of two joints; that this was really the politics behind the music.On the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock
Before Abbie could get his message across, Peter Townshend transformed his guitar into a tennis racket and smashed him on the head with a swift backhand. Townshend had assumed that Abbie was just another crazed fan. When The Who played at Fillmore East the previous week, a plainclothes cop rushed on stage and tried to grab the mike. He intended to warn the audience that there was a fire next door and the theater had to be cleared, but he was able to do so only after Townshend kneed him in the balls.
- Paul Krassner revisits LSD trip taken with Manson Family member ...
- Paul Krassner: "Who's to say what's obscene?" (video) - Boing Boing
- Larry King "interviews" Paul Krassner - Boing Boing
- Paul Krassner profile - Boing Boing
- Paul Krassner - Boing Boing
- Paul Krassner's "Assholes of the Week #7" - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing interviews Paul Krassner - Boing Boing
- Paul Krassner profiled - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Paul Krassner on Supremes' "Bong hits 4 Jesus ruling"
- Boing Boing: Paul Krassner on Secret Bullshit
- Boing Boing: The Sopranos Meet The Hippies by Paul Krassner
- Paul Krassner on the parts - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Paul Krassner on RU Sirius Show
- Boing Boing: Realist archive project