Here's Senator Al Franken drawing a surprisingly detailed map of the USA, live on stage at the Minnesota State Fair. One cynic of my acquaintance claims he's tracing. I dunno, looks freehand to me (even though I'll freely admit that it would be easy to create indented trace-lines by using a pen with no cartridge in advance. Still, wouldn't it be cool if this was part of every senatorial race?
Senator Al Franken draws map of USA (Thanks, Fipi Lele!)
- Al Franken talks an anti-healthcare-reform mob down - Boing Boing
- Al Franken Does Mick Jagger - Boing Boing
- Franken book changes conservative columnist's mind - Boing Boing
- Norm Coleman tries to get Franken ballot tossed because the voter ...
- Boing Boing: Al Franken documentary
- Senator Franken? - Boing Boing
- O'Franken Factor liberal radio show begs Bill O'Reilly to sue ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.