Rob Cockerham interviewed John Marcotte, a Sacramento man who filed a petition with the California Secretary of State to get a voter's initiative onto the 2010 ballot in California that would make it ban divorce.
RC: Are you going to hit the streets collecting signatures for the initiative?Interview with John Marcotte, Author of the 2010 California Protection of Marriage Act
John: We're going to set up a table in front of Wal*Mart and ask people to sign a petition to protect traditional marriage. We're going to interview them about why they thing traditional marriage is important, and then we'll tell them that we are trying to ban divorce. People who supported Prop 8 weren't trying to take rights away from gays, they just wanted to protect traditional marriage. That's why I'm confident that they will support this initiative, even though this time it will be their rights that are diminished. To not support it would be hypocritical. We're also going to collect signatures in front of "Faces," the largest gay nightclub in Sacramento.
- Rob Cockerham hacks the "Gold Kit" - Boing Boing
- How to make hot air bubbles - Boing Boing
- Guy gets credit card using torn up application - Boing Boing
- Heap of hilarious pranks - Boing Boing
- Magnified shots of ziploc seals - Boing Boing
- Ghost in a bottle - Boing Boing
- What's worth more, a pound of grass or a pound of peacock feathers ...
- Bucket of lard contains 105000 calories - Boing Boing