MP3 player in an old training-grenade

16 Responses to “MP3 player in an old training-grenade”

1. Itsumishi says:

Haha.

Not only have I figured it out but I’ve stolen the top secret photos.

You gotta be kidding me. Who here thinks this is a good idea?

If I carried that into a meeting at my local village hall,I would be leaving-in a box feet first.

3. Francesco Fondi says:

Seems the perfect MP3 player for my next flight…

4. sf says:

Not sure I like it, the push button switches used do not suit it, but guess it does look like a modified grenade akin to an IED.
    When I was a teen Wales in the 80′s a classmate took decommission millbomb hand grenade into school at end of term. He rolled it across the class room floor to scare teacher as a joke… 5 minutes later 300 pupils where standing outside in the rain whilst school was evacuated and police arrived to establish if the grenade was a truly a dummy or not. Didn’t even make the local paper. I imagine if that happened today it would be national news.

5. kniterdone says:

I’m a fan of military-themed arts and crafts. I just embroidered a hand grenade. http://meetmeinthedayroom.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/pretend-i-blocked-this/ You might like it.

nb the blue handle indicates that it is a practice munition.

The nature of news has not changed.

“Student does not bring bomb to school, school does not blow up,” is still not news.

But now the non-story would be on TV.

8. Lobster says:

You know where people like to take their MP3 players? Airplanes. You know where people should never, ever take anything even resembling a grenade, up to and including an unripened pineapple? Airplanes.

9. BritSwedeGuy says:

Somewhere a Dalek is wondering where its tunes went.

10. Tenn says:

I did this when I was twelve with a tin replica! Mine had the screen and a joy-stick like interface taking the place of the old small nubbin used to control it.

In fact, I still have it.

11. Alex_M says:

Lobster:

I’m not sure people should really be taking anything looking THAT much like a grenade (what with actually BEING one) anywhere.

“There was much fear and freak-out”.. Exactly. There’s a line between ‘cool’ and ‘simply scary’, and I believe this crosses it.

(For the record: I did military service in the infantry. Grenades don’t scare me – in the _proper context_. This scares me. Especially considering that when doing guard duty, the specific example given to me of when you were supposed to shoot without warning, was: “If someone comes at you holding a grenade”)

12. lennyd44 says:

Good luck not getting shot listening to mp3 outside the house…

13. Moriarty says:

You could get fit more batteries in one resembling a dynamite vest.

14. KaiBeezy says:

ah, air travel
    listen to some tunes
    play some games with the family…
    good times!

15. Itsumishi says:

What would be much cooler would be a hand grenade shaped like an ipod.