Anti-Cthulhu PSA for young netizens

28 Responses to “Anti-Cthulhu PSA for young netizens”

1. Nadreck says:

So, is His Facebook page called “The Wall of Cthulhu”?

Reminds me of the Marella Sands story in the “Cthulhu’s Heirs” anthology wherein the Elder Gods, not wishing to wait until the “stars are right” in meatspace, hack into a WOW type VR and start rearranging the little marble sized stars up above that landscape.

“Elder gods with many tentacles need love too!”

Go find yourself a Japanese high school, you tentacle endowed freak, and leave poor, Caucasian Stacy Griffith alone!

3. VICTOR JIMENEZ says:

I remember seeing him(her/it) in “To Catch an Elder God”…

Chris Hansen and Professor Armitage where quite disappointed to find him again luring minors into madness.

4. raincoaster says:

I blogged that back in January, having gotten it on a Tumblr link via Twitter. Sadly, I don’t know enough about Tumblr to trace it any farther back. The links:

and

5. thequickbrownfox says:

In the Bethesda game “Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth” you get this condition called “sanity failure”.

Everything gets increasingly blurry and forward movement is impeded. Can be overcome by using a trainer (Cheat utility).

Brilliant game, regardless.

6. Evil Jim says:

Shit! They’re on to us!

To Anonymous Post # 3 YET !

8. efergus3 says:

Cory! All is forgiven, come home!

Anonymous *IS* Cthulhu.

No, it’s not, it’s Bill Nighy as Davy Jones from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie.

If I knew that was the way to summon a great old one I would have posed online as a 15 YO girl years ago.

12. Agies says:

They should also stay away from the libray just to be safe. Too many musty old books.

13. nanuq says:

Elder gods with many tentacles need love too! Maybe I, er, I mean He is just misunderstood. Did you think of that?

Oh god, this is funny. Anyone have a “safe for work” version? I really, really want to print this out and post it in my office since we sometimes get the other, really stupid, “every straight male on earth wants to rape your pre-teen daughter and we won’t even begin to think about what the gays will do.” type of PSA stuff.

15. MrJM says:

Finally, someone is taking a stand against those weirdos in NAGOOBLA.

They’re ruining the internet for mortal pervs…

– MrJM

sanity is like virginity, only valuable if you have it.

Awesome,
    well not for stacy obviously, but for once, an advertising firm actually managed to do something intelligent

respect

Psa’s are better when the message comes from parents and teachers http://www.theonion.com/content/news/lovecraftian_school_board_member

And Cthulhu has awful, awful breath. *shudder*

20. Waltb555 says:

This may be the single funniest thing I have ever seen.

While of course people should be careful I think it is stupid to tell them that everyone they meet online is some kind of evil predator. I’ve met up with literally dozens of people from more than half a dozen countries based on internet conversations. Some were even young women. To date, I haven’t raped or murdered any of them.

22. octopod says:

seriously, what’s with all the hating? it’s like something from the 1920′s.

typical fundamentalist right wing christian BS, what happened to understanding, compassion and a basic understanding of unspeakable terrors from beyond the grave?

next they’ll be running the lame old bathroom ads ‘zomg mommy, there was a polypous interdimensional horror in teh restroom at school today’

23. jimh says:

So I can’t get past Cthulhu going to the mall. I’ll bet he digs Hot Topic and Cutlery Corner. Ia Ia!

24. Lupin Yonsei says:

@JIMH: Don’t forget the umlauts!

Iä! Iä!

There’s a Shadow over Innsmouth!
    But since it’s a tiny fishing village, I don’t think they have any Internetz, so it’s okay.

26. noen says:

Ahhh… so that’s where Takuan has been.