Hands, Eyes Convey Emotions For Disney's Audio-Animatronics Technology
Imagineers realize that the eyes convey emotions and a two-foot eye prototype showcases our newest concept. It's a new type of mechanism that uses electromagnets to create realistic eye motions. There is only a single moving part -- the eye itself -- and no wear points. That means faster, more realistic movement and longer life.
As Disney Parks continues to experiment and innovate, as with our newest Autonomatronics technology, we'll certainly be talking about it on this blog. Stay tuned.
- Singapore's second-creepiest animatronic exhibit - Boing Boing
- Animatronic zombie that rises out of your garden and chases people ...
- HOWTO make an animatronic lion mask with superpowers - Boing Boing
- Roomba with animatronic chimp head - Boing Boing
- Video: documentary on Showbiz animatronic band - Boing Boing
- Animatronic Steve Wozniak comes to Epcot Center ride, animatronic ...
- Hussein Chalayan's awesome animatronic fashion - Boing Boing
- Animatronic band on eBay - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.