17 Responses to “The worst job of the 19th Century: nipple pinchers vs. anal tobacco blowers vs. tongue pullers in reviving the dead”

1. Antinous / Moderator says:

The nipple pinch is still industry standard.

Did they (pullers ,blowers ,pinchers )take freelance home ?

Hence the idiom, “blowing smoke up [one's] ass.” Learn something new everyday.

4. steelwraith says:

Ummm.. why don’t they just DECAPITATE THEM? Works for all kinds of undead… no muss no fuss no bellows up the anus to blow someones intestines across he room…

5. Mark Temporis says:

Decapitation would make sure they were dead, but that wasn’t really the objective. It was to keep living people from being buried alive.

I guess decapitation might do that, come to think.

6. jfrancis says:

Once word of this nipple pulling gets out there will be a whole new Frankenpunk Bride of Frankenstein reboot.

7. paulj says:

The official funniest joke ever seems pertinent here:
    Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: “My friend is dead! What can I do?” The operator says: “Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.” There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: “OK, now what?”

8. Scuba SM says:

There appears to be a spammer loose again. I’m looking at you, 51googlepm. I have no idea how to get the moderators to look at it since the redesign, however, as the omnipresent eyeball has disappeared, and I don’t see any links to moderators, etc. So, to the first mod that sees this, please reply and let me know how we should report!

9. nanuq says:

All this begs the question: what did tongue-pullers and nipple pinchers put on their resumes when it came time to find a new job?

• Phikus says:

What do vag-fluffers and anus preppers in the pron industry put on theirs? (-Resumes, of course. What were you thinking?) Don’t they use nipple pinchers too? It would seem a natural crossover, if the technological gap were not so large… er… so to speak.

10. ohiostudios says:

No picture of the bellows device? No problem; I wouldn’t even want to THINK about what google images searches would return for those keywords. I think I’d lose my breakfast…

11. Stefan Jones says:

Using tweezers to pull out a nose hair seems a lot more elegant.

12. Darren Garrison says:

They needed one of them there silver Pope hammers.

13. chigmata says:

taking your finger and flicking the person’s eyes is another fine way to do this