Just ran into a Norwegian librarian at Internet Librarian International in London wearing this killer tee-shirt, created in protest of the PATRIOT Act's provision to force librarians to reveal which books their patrons were checking out. The Latin translates as "We know what you read, and we're not saying."
- Benjamin Franklin True Patriot Act - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Benjamin Franklin True Patriot Act
- Patriot Act gag-order on the Internet Archive clobbered by EFF and ...
- A Librarian slams the PATRIOT Act - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Update: "DHS visits student over Little Red Book" report
- A librarian on PATRIOT - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.