Like Ghibli Barfing Rainbows: the Art and Motion of Capybara's Critter Crunch

15 Responses to “Like Ghibli Barfing Rainbows: the Art and Motion of Capybara's Critter Crunch

1. wispsmoke says:

Lots of people are looking at the big studio PS3 releases and claiming that they now want to own one. For me, though, it’s all about this game and some of the other puzzlers on the PSN. I’m a puzzle fanatic, and this just looks wonderful.

2. AirPillo says:

It took me five-times skimming the sentence to stop incorrectly reading “Toronto indie” as “Totoro indie”.

3. ArnoDick says:

Haha, “Nature is gross.”

This game won me over with that line.

4. thekinginyellow says:

this game looks sweet as hell but i refuse to purchase a ps3 for any reason. if they release out a wii ware version i would totally spend some points on it.

5. jdmorse says:

Cute. Sick, but cute. BTW, the original robot fighting contest “Critter Crunch” is running this Sunday at MileHiCon. http://www.milehicon.org This contest has run annually since 1987.

6. Chrs says:

Good lord, that is gorgeous.

Hi guys a nice interview of Neil Blevin from Pixar here.. talking also about Myazaki! Check it:

Bye ;)

8. Kylini says:

This game looks absolutely fantastic to the point where I’m considering a PS3. Thank you BoingBoing for hosting this article too!

Would it be remotely possible to have official wallpapers too? I would love to show this artwork off at work when I’m away from my desk.

it’s not just ‘like’ ghibli barfing rainbows

This is wicked awesome.

11. Daedalus says:

Great art, and crazy cute, but for barfing rainbows, I’ll take the King of All Cosmos over these furballs any day!

When talking about barfing rainbows, one cannot forget http://www.rainbowpuke.com

13. superbrothers says:

PRAISE BE – it’s a lovely thing to see Mr. Brandon Boyer back in action & it’s fantastic to see the miracle of Qiqo & Sylve’s artwork revealed like this.

To the PS3 owners out there, know this:
    CRITTER CRUNCH PSN is a beautiful thing to behold in crisp HD, it sounds as spectacular as it looks & it plays as smooth as it sounds. It’s a perfect side dish to this season’s PS3 blockbusters or a delicious meal all on its own. GET IT YO!

this is such a beautiful game, and definitely worth every penny! <3

15. theawesomerobot says:

I’d say it’s worth owning a PS3 for this game. It’s just so pretty, consider the purchase as a purchase of a moving work of art – $300 isn’t too shabby if you lie to yourself!