Flintstones in stop motion

11 Responses to “Flintstones in stop motion”

1. Trent Hawkins says:

That is some damn fine animation. I love his little victory strut.

2. tristis says:

It’s mentioned at the linked sites, but this is from Flintstones on the Rocks, a movie that was made for Cartoon Network’s Cartoon Theatre block a number of years ago. It was a great, quirky movie that had a much darker, more sombre tone than your usual Flintstones (the central plot line was the marital problems between Fred and Wilma). Also a somewhat different visual style than the normal Flintstones, although this claymation sequence was just a brief interlude; the rest is traditionally animated. Highly recommended if you can get your hands on it somewhere, but it might be hard to come by. Time for me to dig out the old VHS recording for a rewatch…

3. jfrancis says:

I’d love to see what those characters look like in the round. They are designed to be seen only from hero angles.

4. Bob K says:

Ha–very funny. Love the 3D versions of the Flinstones’ characters–and intended or not, that it is also in a way the stop motion version of “economical” Hanna Barbera limited TV animation with long holds, limited motion, simple design, repetitive scrolling backgrounds, etc.

5. El Mariachi says:

Why would a strike be worth ten points when there are only six pins?

6. shortino says:

I think this would be vastly improved if Fred’s dream sequence was set to “Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In).”

7. GrymRpr says:

Seems there’s a few copies “Available” searching with google… Shame this is not on Dvd

8. Stefan Jones says:

Wow, that was great!

Anyone else old enough to remember these?

As co-director/writer of said movie i just want to say how awesome Screen Novelties is. Look for more awesomeness from these guys in the near future!

Oh and I have a set of Fred and the Mystery Lady given to me by SN from the shoot and they are so well design they look great from every angle!

-Chris.

10. igpajo says:

LOL! Shortino beat me to it! That dream sequence definitely made me think of The Dude!

11. woid says:

Imdb says “Flintstones On The Rocks” dates from 2001. “The Big Lebowski” came out in 1998. I’ll bet this was done as a deliberate homage to the Dude’s dream sequence.